• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tysons Corner, VA Show - Sun, Feb 13, 2005

20 posts in this topic

Though this show is no longer actually in Tysons Corner (though apparently it is nearby), most of us know it by this name. I suppose we should now call it the "Firehouse Show"!

In any event, there was some discussion on earlier threads about having those of us in the DC area getting together for lunch/drinks at the show. Having previously been a volunteer fireman I can venture to guess the Firehouse does not have a restaurant as did the former location. So unless we are willing to meet around the fold-up table that will probably be selling donuts and coffee, we will need to go elsewhere.

Thus, if anyone is interested in meeting, lets try to plan something. Also, if anyone knows the area around the Firehouse, perhaps they can suggest a place to meet. I would suggest around 12:30 or 1 pm as a meeting time, but I am open to suggestion.

Mark

Esquirecomics.com

There are a zillion restaurants around there - that's next to Tysons Corner. There's a Bertucci's on 7 and Gallows, there are all sorts of places. Who is interested - lets get a lista nd then go from there. IN.

Got this email today:

Removal info at the end of this email)

-- New Location & show times for 2005 --

Our next Tysons Corner Monthly Comic, Toy & CCG Show will be on Sunday, February 13, 2005 at the Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire Department. The show is open to the public from 10 am - 3 pm (please note new times). Buy, sell and trade...gold, silver age and new comics; Magic and other gaming cards; non sport cards; videos and DVDs; anime; Horror; Sci-Fi; figures, toys; Star Wars and Star Trek memorabilia; original artwork, posters, T-shirts and various other comic related items.

The new location is still in Tysons Corner at the Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire Department, which is about a mile from the Tysons DoubleTree Hotel (directions – see below). Parking is not a problem…in fact, it should be the easiest place to park in years. The facility has a 70-space parking lot which is empty on weekends...plus, there is a school behind the fire department with hundreds of spaces.

Vendors confirmed for this show (let me know if you should be on this list):

All-American Comics

Basement Comics

Brett's Comic Pile

Cards Comics & Collectibles

Collector's Corner

Michael Creager

Joe Esparza

Everyday Comics

Steve Frederick

Gold Coast Collectibles

David Haiman

Damion Hill

Hollywood Corral

Identity Comics

Christopher James

Koop's Comics

George Mihalik

Jim Montgomery

Outpost Station

Silver Fox Comics

TNT Comics

Tomorrow's Treasures

Steven Wagner

Jeff Weaver

Zeno's Books

To get to the Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire Department (located about 20 minutes west of Washington, D.C.). Take I-495 (DC/Capital Beltway) to Exit 47A (Rt 7 West). Go ½ mile, Take a Left on Gallows Rd and proceed 1 mile to 2148 Gallows Rd.

Or visit our website for detailed directions and Mapquest directions:

http://www.capicons.com/directions_dlvfd.htm

Address:

Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire Department

2148 Gallows Road

Dunn Loring, VA 22027

If you have any other questions, please visit our website at:

http://www.CapiCons.com

...or send us an e-mail at:

info@capicons.com

Hope to see you on Sunday.

Jeff

http://www.CapiCons.com

info@capicons.com

I don't exactly know how this fire house is configured, but for all who are interested in meeting, why don't we say 12:30 pm for lunch and meet at the main entrance to where the exhibits start. We can then decide where to go. If you are having trouble finding us, check with Marc Nathan's table, who I will let know I just appointed him as the POC, or call my cell at 202-498-0011. See you Sun.

I don't exactly know how this fire house is configured, but for all who are interested in meeting, why don't we say 12:30 pm for lunch and meet at the main entrance to where the exhibits start. We can then decide where to go. If you are having trouble finding us, check with Marc Nathan's table, who I will let know I just appointed him as the POC, or call my cell at 202-498-0011. See you Sun.

I'll have my kids, but they're not too smelly.

Great show today!

I picked up lots of stuff I needed: Batman #110 and Adventure #284 from Basement Comics and some Werewolf By Night later numbers I needed from Mad Cow Comics.

But the highlight, of course, was meeting fellow forumites: ShieldAgent, Lantern, Darthdiesel (again), and EsquireComics! thumbsup2.gif

Joe

thumbsup2.gif The new venue definitely did not stop the crowd from coming. It was bustling from start to finish. I regret not being able to stay for the lunch, but family obligations had me rushing home around 1:30 PM. The best part is always meeting the local CGC forumites and catching up.

I checked out pretty much every dealer there. Lots of books to be had, there is always something for everyone - run fillers, high grade Golden thru Modern Age, magazines, etc. I saw plenty of pretty good prices and planty of crazy high ones. Since I'm always looking to upgrade my 30 cent variant collection, I am always checking for these, but no luck today. I was looking for Chilis and millies as well and didn't find any worth buying for the price or any I needed. I did manage to walk away with a sweet House of Secrets 106 for a steal. If it wasn't for forumites posting their sweet copies of DC Horror, I wouldn't have even given it a second look.

I look forward to seeing more forumites at future shows - next one is in April?

Very fun show today - packed from start until when I left at 1 PM. I worked the Cards, Comics and Collectibles table for most of the morning as Marc didn't have any of his posse there today. Highlight of the day was buying an original low grade collection for a grand that had a Fantastic Four 1 in it. Good to see all the board members who came - next Tysons show is April 10, with legend Sal Buscema doing signing/sketches to benefit ACTOR.

Good to see you guys at the show today. I spent way too much on the Lost Valley More Funs, but I was too damn tempted to let them pass by and not know when I would see issues #11, 19 and 29 again.

But, duh, I already had #29 but at least the Lost Valley is a CGC 8.0 and the one I had was a CGC 7.0 so I upgraded!

Lunch for all next time in April (though if I can attend depends on when my wife gives birth, due on the 8th).

Mark