• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for a friend's father with cancer

48 posts in this topic

I meant to grab these earlier...

X-Men 221 NM+ 9.6/9.8 $40 (Make sure it's a 9.8 ;) )

:takeit:

Thanks! Just notify Benjamin of your payment method and ship to address and I'll get the book shipped out ASAP. (thumbs u

Mike

As a cancer survivor myself (papillary thyroid cancer - 2012), news of someone dying from terminal cancer really hits home with me. So I'm making a personal challenge to other board members to also help Benjamin with his charity thread. Donate a few funny books, make a small cash donation or make a purchase. Let's get together and do something good for a person who has much more to lose than we do. (thumbs u

Mike

As a cancer survivor myself (papillary thyroid cancer - 2012), news of someone dying from terminal cancer really hits home with me. So I'm making a personal challenge to other board members to also help Benjamin with his charity thread. Donate a few funny books, make a small cash donation or make a purchase. Let's get together and do something good for a person who has much more to lose than we do. (thumbs u

Mike

Cancer got my mother when she was fifty-five :( Anyone who hasn't either been through having cancer, or been shoulder to shoulder with someone who has, it is the worst of the worst. I took care of my mother until the very end. Watching her life dwindle away was the single worse thing that has ever happened in my life. I was and still am eternally thankful for the people around me who gave support.

Donation sent.

My brother died of cancer. He was very young and had his whole life ahead of him. Unfortunately he suffered terribly for an extended amount of time and he did not leave us quickly.

This was around the time when the last Dark Knight movie came out. Before he became ill and was terminally diagnosed, all he often talked about was this movie coming out. At least we were able to see the movie together twice. It was basically the last thing we did together while he still had full consciousness.

I am always thankful for the time and health that I have here and for the ability to help out others when I can. God speed (thumbs u

$50 Shipped

ASM 288 CGC 9.8 WP

154959.jpg.42899b1c68d9369ce8c5324ca6728960.jpg

Benjamin, if this is still open, I would like to donate either the League of the Extraordinary Gentlemen HC Vol.1 or the Big Numbers #1-2 set from my current sales thread here. I will cover shipping to USA. (thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8577841#Post8577841

League of the Extraordinary Gentlemen HC Vol.1 (2000) - NM+

First printing. Not shrinkwrapped, but both book and dust jacket are in awesome shape.

$35

juzpooMm.jpg

Big Numbers (1990) #1-2 (full set)

Published by Moore's own imprint Mad Love.

#1 is VFNM, #2 is NM-. Not common in high grade, it seems.

$45 for both

YikIA8Jm.jpgGSMz0zAm.jpg

Well, it looks like this effort has come to an end with the lack of interest. Bill and his daughter Alisha were told about this thread today and the amount raised during it. They were ecstatic to hear about the support we've provided. Bill has asked that I extended his gratitude to everyone involved in any way. So, thanks to everyone who participated either publicly or anonymously, from Bill, his daughter, his sister, my wife and myself.

Bill's GoFundMe page is still active, so anyone can still donate and do what they can. We appreciate every effort.

CGC 9.8 Amazing Spider-Man 1 Hastings Variant $55

ASM1Hastingsx3_zps78690baa.jpg

:takeit: to help the cause. (thumbs u

I'll also post a few books to donate either tonight or tomorrow morning. :)

Just read about this in the Probation thread. I was the one that donated this book. PM me your address and I will ship it out to you.

Just read about this in the Probation thread. I was the one that donated this book. PM me your address and I will ship it out to you.

Thanks Darrell. I was hoping some of the donators would see what was going on. Hopefully, the other 3 who didn't receive books will get theirs soon too.

PM coming right up. (thumbs u

Thanks Darrell. I was hoping some of the donators would see what was going on. Hopefully, the other 3 who didn't receive books will get theirs soon too.

PM coming right up. (thumbs u

I'm still waiting on the Batman Hush book... Darrell, you don't have that one do you? :grin:

I'm ashamed to admit this, but in the recent chaos, these packages were left forgotten. These books have been packaged and ready to send for weeks, it just never happened. There is no excuse for that, I am fully responsible.

Right after closing this, Bill's daughter broke up with her boyfriend and was left with no where to live and without a vehicle. She moved in with us, and I fixed my old car for her to use. Then two weeks ago, my immediate supervisor was demoted and I was left to suddenly assume all his responsibilities, including extended shifts. These are not excuses, but feel like I owe everyone an explanation for my lapse.

I also want to thank Darrel for getting a hold of me and making me aware of what was going on. I apologize to everyone who didn't receive their books as well as to the community as a whole for letting this happen.

The books were shipped early this morning. Priority tracking numbers:

Sean: 9114 9999 4431 3366 8928 73

Sharon: 9114 9999 4431 3366 8928 66

Brandon: 9114 9999 4431 3366 8928 59