• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for a friend's father with cancer

48 posts in this topic

I'm ashamed to admit this, but in the recent chaos, these packages were left forgotten. These books have been packaged and ready to send for weeks, it just never happened. There is no excuse for that, I am fully responsible.

Right after closing this, Bill's daughter broke up with her boyfriend and was left with no where to live and without a vehicle. She moved in with us, and I fixed my old car for her to use. Then two weeks ago, my immediate supervisor was demoted and I was left to suddenly assume all his responsibilities, including extended shifts. These are not excuses, but feel like I owe everyone an explanation for my lapse.

I also want to thank Darrel for getting a hold of me and making me aware of what was going on. I apologize to everyone who didn't receive their books as well as to the community as a whole for letting this happen.

The books were shipped early this morning. Priority tracking numbers:

Sean: 9114 9999 4431 3366 8928 73

Sharon: 9114 9999 4431 3366 8928 66

Brandon: 9114 9999 4431 3366 8928 59

Thanks for getting this done Benjamin. (thumbs u

You should also post this in the Probation List Discussion thread so everyone who frequents that thread is aware that this has been all straightened out. :)

I did not have the slightest doubt about the fact there was an explanation.

Ben, considered your friend's current situation, do you think I can list a different donation? Even if the thread did not take off, but I guess his father is still struggling with illness. I want to pray for them, but if I can also give something, considered my offers weren’t taken, I’d be happy to do so.

I did not have the slightest doubt about the fact there was an explanation.

Ben, considered your friend's current situation, do you think I can list a different donation? Even if the thread did not take off, but I guess his father is still struggling with illness. I want to pray for them, but if I can also give something, considered my offers weren’t taken, I’d be happy to do so.

Anything you'd like to do would be a help and obviously great appreciated.

As an alternative, I am offering a limited print Rocket Raccon t-shirt.

These were issued by Bill Mantlo family a while ago, to support his healthcare, and offered for a limited time on the Teespring site.

I have one avalable, Size M. Asking $30 paid to Ben's friend and as above I will cover shipping.

These are stock images to give you an idea. T-shirt is new and never used. (thumbs u

BUWnX5Dh.jpg

sNddSl6l.jpg

As an alternative, please pick any item up to $45 to be donated from my SA/BA sales thread and I will cover shipping: (thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8581125#Post8581125

Claudio

Hello

Is your offer still up? This thread slipped my eyes and i'll try to see if there's something i might be itnerested, like that i'll be helping a lot of nice people (you included C.).

regards

Pedro

Problem is that in the meanwhile some items have sold and a pair was promised to a friend of mine here in Italy. But I guess it does not hurt to ask, so to some degree it might be still valid. The Fantastic Four #50, for example, is sold. And the lowgrade Thors #165-166 are no longer available.

Either one of the two offers above or a donation for an item up to $45 from the thread (assuming it is unsold)… Otherwise I will find a way to send a donation. This is taking too long. :foryou: (thumbs u