• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When did you learn that you suck/don't suck at grading?

48 posts in this topic

Fury - take a look at the first round of Nikos March Madness grading contest

he has real big and real clear scans of the X-men book.

out of 64 folks participating, only 6 guessed the grade correctly and all other 58 guessed too low!!

my point (albeit based on this singular, but significant example) is that CGC are not overly strict graders............... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i'm betting when you have more time to participate in the grading forum, you will hone your skills to the point where you'll be able to look back at these Sgt Fury's and see why they got the grades that they did........... thumbsup2.gif

During Nikos March grading contest where I submitted the lowball grade of 7.0 on a 9.4 book.

Nobody stricter than me...

Conspiracy Theorists alert!!

Maybe I am being sooooo strict in the grading contest so that when I list any comics to sell you all remember my name and KNOW that my comics will be graded harshly and you all will buy my books.

yeah that's it..

Artboy99

During Nikos March grading contest where I submitted the lowball grade of 7.0 on a 9.4 book.

Nobody stricter than me...

Conspiracy Theorists alert!!

Maybe I am being sooooo strict in the grading contest so that when I list any comics to sell you all remember my name and KNOW that my comics will be graded harshly and you all will buy my books.

yeah that's it..

Artboy99

I could've told you that you can't grade for 893censored-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gifinsane.gifstooges.gifhi.gifflowerred.gif

Proof is in the pudding...I CAN'T grade for 893censored-thumb.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would anybody here be willing to pre-grade my books before I send them off next time? confused-smiley-013.gifI have a scanner, but I can't seem to get the sweet, big scans people need to grade a book. If I could figure that out, then everyone could help. If not, I need someone with a decent track record to email monstorous scans to and have them look them over! flowerred.gifhi.gifhail.gif

Proof is in the pudding...I CAN'T grade for 893censored-thumb.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would anybody here be willing to pre-grade my books before I send them off next time? confused-smiley-013.gifI have a scanner, but I can't seem to get the sweet, big scans people need to grade a book. If I could figure that out, then everyone could help. If not, I need someone with a decent track record to email monstorous scans to and have them look them over! flowerred.gifhi.gifhail.gif

Sure - got any REAL books? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

When I had DiceX personally look at a few of my better looking books, and he gave them solid grades consistently at least 2 or 3 grades higher than I would have. confused-smiley-013.gif At least I'm an undergrader and not an overgrader, right? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When I had DiceX personally look at a few of my better looking books, and he gave them solid grades consistently at least 2 or 3 grades higher than I would have. confused-smiley-013.gif At least I'm an undergrader and not an overgrader, right? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

After a little experience, it's not hard to grade 9.0 and up. Especially on moderns. gossip.gif

It's to your advantage to be as accurate as possible.

thumbsup2.gif