• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dixon of the Mounted -- Active Comics (Canada) 1942

6 posts in this topic

Hello out there,

This is my first post on this forum. I am researching for a play called "Hurray for Johnny Canuck!" by Ken Gass, and am looking for someone who may have some of the comics of "Dixon of the Mounted" from Active Comics of 1942. Dixon's creator was Edmund Legault, and am looking for possible scans of the strips. Would anyone out there be able to help me out?

Also, looking for Triumph-Adventure Comic's "Derek of Bras d'Or" -- based on the true story of Angus McAskill, the Cape Breton Giant (Nova Scotia). Apparently only 5 issues were printed? Any help on this research would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Andrew from Vancouver, BC

Andrew-

Let me be the 1st to welcome you to the boards!

Unfortunately I can't help you with your request (my Canadian GA is limited to a few "Double A" issues). But, I know that there is at least one pretty serious collector of Canadian Gold here- though I can't for the life of me remember who it is.

I'm thinking his title is EC collector or something like that.

Specializes in those hard to find Golden Canadian Whites etc.

I'll do a quick search as I know he's posted a request looking for them.