• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First App Books With Character not on Cover?

55 posts in this topic

It's just the logic factor-Wolverine first appeared in 180. Arguments that well he's not on the cover are meaningless. Arguments that well he's only in one panel are also. Plenty of examples of both that are still first app....it's the only book I know of that is claimed to be a first app when it's clearly not.

Better, longer, cover etc don't detract from the logic that he appeared in 180. And it was the first time he appeared.

It's just the logic factor-Wolverine first appeared in 180. Arguments that well he's not on the cover are meaningless. Arguments that well he's only in one panel are also. Plenty of examples of both that are still first app....it's the only book I know of that is claimed to be a first app when it's clearly not.

Better, longer, cover etc don't detract from the logic that he appeared in 180. And it was the first time he appeared.

I haven't seen anyone argue against your point though. The first time he appeared is 180. But the market has decided that 181 is the most desirable. So it kinda just seems like you don't like that 181 is the book people want.

it's the only book I know of that is claimed to be a first app when it's clearly not.

ASM 300 (apparently)? X-men 244? Both are similar cases.

The problem with those arguments is that we will never change anyone's mind. It is the industry norm that IH #181 is the first Wolverine, we cannot do anything about it. UXM #266 is the first Gambit. So on and so forth…

Sure we can argue logistics, but they're all pointless no matter how logical they may be.