• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A FEW RECENT PICKUPS. posted by Rockblazer

8 posts in this topic

ANYONE REMEMBER KORG 70,000 BC?

A few of my recent pickups. I got the Tales to Astonish 70 as I need it but it could become a hot book if we see Sub-Mariner on screen someday. Such as Thor 126 or Ironman 1 etc. Korg was a short lived series which I watched at the time. It was a lot better than "Bigfoot and Wild Boy" which was another short lived 70's Saturday show. Many live action shows then. I always felt shows like H.R. Puffenstuff were created while someone was puffing some stuff.

16608.jpg

See more journals by Rockblazer

I worked with two guys at my old job who were obsessed with all the old live action shows. So they came up in conversation a lot. Ones favorite was Bigfoot and Wild Boy. The other guys was Sid and Marty Kroff's " Lidsville ". That was back in the day when "Isis" was a good thing.

I loved Sid & Marty Krofft Superstar Hour! Bigfoot & Wild boy was my favorite back then, but some of the other shows, Sigmund the sea monster, Dr. Shrinker, Wonderbuggy, HR Pufnstuf, land of the lost, etc... Those were great!

Thanks guys. I've got all the JIM'S raw but usually try not to pull too much from my raw sets. I may start doing that more in the future as some minor keys are becoming more valuable. In fact I was thinking of using my coupon in July for books that have gone up like, Avengers 57, FF 52, Marvel Super Heroes 12, Captain Marvel 1 etc. Last year most collectors members thought I should get more of my raw pedigrees graded. Maybe I'll make a list and have a vote on it. The four getting the most votes win. I did pick up a nice 9.4 white page beauty from 1965 the other night. I should get it soon and post it. Also got a Swamp Thing 21 recently 9.6. I looked on the census and it has a much lower graded count than more other issues in the series.