• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have example of "pressing" notated on label

25 posts in this topic

I assume it was abandoned due to the difficult in being sure?

I think its a neat idea to have it as a "submitters" option, while you could never "detect" it (and whether its wanted or not is debatable), but if people wanted to voluntairly declare it, especially on high value books. It's worth noting.

Rick for some reason it's stuck in my head that CGC annotated "Pressing" on books that had received a "bad" pressing job. I seem to remember this in regards to the hub bub of Matt joining CGC and the concern that any non-Matt related pressing would be deemed "Bad" and noted on the label. I also remember in like 2005 PGX announced that they would be annotating Pressing on books they felt it was 100% detectable on. I'll look for some images.

I don't recall them ever noting just pressing.

I know back in the day (not sure if they do it now or not) you would see Pressed, but only in conjunction with Cleaning. Some of the examples posted by others illustrate this.

I know back in the day (not sure if they do it now or not) you would see Pressed, but only in conjunction with Cleaning. Some of the examples posted by others illustrate this.

I would have to mirror this comment. Never seen just a "pressing" designation on the label.

I would have to mirror this comment. Never seen just a "pressing" designation on the label.

So if they note cleaned and pressed on the label are they talking dry cleaning? or solvent?

So if they note cleaned and pressed on the label are they talking dry cleaning? or solvent?

Not dry cleaning, but solvent or water baths.

Which necessitate a press.

Which necessitate a press.

Only if you don't want your comic to be ruined.

Me neither. Always "cleaned and pressed".

Rick for some reason it's stuck in my head that CGC annotated "Pressing" on books that had received a "bad" pressing job. I seem to remember this in regards to the hub bub of Matt joining CGC and the concern that any non-Matt related pressing would be deemed "Bad" and noted on the label. I also remember in like 2005 PGX announced that they would be annotating Pressing on books they felt it was 100% detectable on. I'll look for some images.

Pretty sure their policy has always been that they'd grade down for whatever defects a bad press caused, but not note the pressing.

Ditto.

Pretty sure their policy has always been that they'd grade down for whatever defects a bad press caused, but not note the pressing.

They may even state a poor pressing job in some grading notes but they don't notate just pressing unless it wa in conjunction with a wet bath / resto job.

I think this belongs in the "Ask Gator" thread.

I'm more surprised GAtor didn't know the answer. :devil:

I feel kind of let down that he didn't know the answer. I picture Rick as the guy that sits on the mountain top in a toga waiting for people to climb up there to ask him about all things comics.