• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I send these to CGC

19 posts in this topic

Just came on to some Golden Age Comics and I don't know much about grading them. Any thoughts about sending them off to CGC?

The Marvel Family #28 oct 1948- Worst of the five, good @ best

Walter Lantz New funnies Vol 1 No 141 Nov 1948 -Great color on cover , inside fading

Tarzan # 3 1948 -Best shape of them all , fine?

Boy Commandos #29 Oct 48 - Spine stress

Bugs Bunny Super Sleuth #200 1948- Good colors

I've sold modern books on ebay but I hate having to grade so low, would these 5 be worth being canned if Iwas going to sell them

Don't waste the postage. All are good fun books for reading/collecting, but not worth the cost of slabbing. If you are going to sell them, describe them as you see them and post them on ebay.

Good luck.

Smokes

From another collectors perspective...

I'd like to add that a lot of people on these boards are very concerned with $$. Most of them slab books to end up selling for profit on eBay, and others don't want to pay $$ to slab books if they aren't going to get a return on it. Thats all well and good, but I for one have different feelings.

I recently had some lower and mid grade books slabbed because I wanted them slabbed for display. I have no intentions of even trying to sell them, and I don't mind eating the cost of grading and shipping.

So it's really up to you, whether you'd like to see it slabbed or not.

smile.gif Hope that helps.

Smokes

From another collectors perspective...

I'd like to add that a lot of people on these boards are very concerned with $$. Most of them slab books to end up selling for profit on eBay, and others don't want to pay $$ to slab books if they aren't going to get a return on it. Thats all well and good, but I for one have different feelings.

I recently had some lower and mid grade books slabbed because I wanted them slabbed for display. I have no intentions of even trying to sell them, and I don't mind eating the cost of grading and shipping.

So it's really up to you, whether you'd like to see it slabbed or not.

smile.gif Hope that helps.

They look better in mylars.

Just came on to some Golden Age Comics and I don't know much about grading them. Any thoughts about sending them off to CGC?

Tarzan # 3 1948 -Best shape of them all , fine?

Is any of that stuff sticking out from behind the Tarzan actually part of the Tarzan comic? I'm wondering if the centerfold is loose at one or both staples. That's a large hit on tht potential grade... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hobgoblin

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate your candid honest answer. I have to admit I will probably get one slabbed just to see how my grading compares to CGC's

Photos are tough to judge by, but if I were to pick one to send in . . . it would be the Boy Commandos sumo.gif