• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry - Image Firsts Comics

9 posts in this topic

I just saw this morning where an additional slot was created for a Image First Saga #1 that was printed subsequently from the original one last year.

In the past, they were always entered into the original Image First slot, for all sets, for a variety of reasons.

This was decided after some discussion on these boards.

Anyway, I just wanted you all to be aware, and I am asking for it to go back the way it was in the official Registry thread.

This is what was posted.

There should only be one slot for all Image First books, instead of additional slots created for each subsequent Image First release.

We have spoken about this before, and it had been running smoothly, but today I noticed a slot in the Saga sets for

Image Firsts: Saga 1 (4/14)

under the original slot of

Image Firsts: Saga 1 (12/12), but now the date of release added to the end.

I would like to request that all Image First books just can be entered into the one main sloit as it was.

If not, there will be many other sets effected by this.

Thanks,

Reed

Hi Reed,

I was the one that made the request to add that additional slot to the registry. I wasn't part of the conversation that all Image Firsts should be noted as the same, or I may have just missed it. I made the request based on the way that the Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants) set is constructed, where each printing has it's own slot. My thought is that if the set allows for individual slots for variants and additional printings of the regular series (like issue 1-8,13,19), then why not for the Image Firsts?

What are the thoughts on this? I thought the slot would be fine for Saga (2012) (Complete w/ Variants) but I would not want to see different slots for Saga (2012) (1st Prints Only - No Variants).

I agree with bffnut on this - if it is a complete with variants set then all printings need to be included, regardless of the number of variants or printings. I also don't remember a discussion against this but I am definitely in favor of having a new slot for each variant / printing as long as it is for a complete with variants type of set. 2c

Since this discussion is occurring in two threads I felt it would be best to post my reply in both spots as well...

Sorry guys, I had back surgery, and have been out of commission for a while.

I hope more people chime in on this.

I can't remember the original thread this was discussed in, but I believe it involved Y The Last Man, and Branget (Junk Donkey).

I'm fine with it any way it goes, but I would like to see the Registry as uniform as possible, but it doesn't seem to be heading that way regarding sets across the board.

I do recall Branget having a thread about that - and IIRC, that lead to the creation of the Saga set that had first prints only. It makes sense to me that any printings/variants of a comic is eligible for a registry set that is meant to be inclusive of variants and various printings.

It makes sense to me that any printings/variants of a comic is eligible for a registry set that is meant to be inclusive of variants and various printings.

+1

Maybe there could be a Saga (Complete w/Variants) set and a Saga (Non-Variant) set like there are in other cases (unless this is already the case, if so I'm unaware).

The idea when this comes up is to have a base set and a variant set. Image 1st may have a collective slot or even no slot in the base set since it's a reprint. In the variant set anything related goes. I've discussed this with various sets starting with WD awhile ago. I believe Y was the last discussion since they continue to reprint the 1st issue.

I haven't kept up on Saga but it sounds like there are 2 sets.