• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Daredevil #1 [UPDATED]

27 posts in this topic

I wanted to give everyone an update. I hadn't kept up with the thread, and sent the comic off to Kevin the Comic Doctor in Canada. He spotted it as restored right away with a black light. He didn't mention color touch, but he does think the white areas have been bleached, and its been restapled, and its been re-glossed. So basically I really F'd this one up...

ulWlIAJ.jpg

AZHaROm.jpg

fCLQr7C.jpg

tkPifKf.jpg

3CbYIBo.jpg

1qqM6Tu.jpg

I will never spend more than $100 on a raw comic book again. Taking it back is tricky. This is a local comic book store, and it was in the "consignment" case. My guess is they are just going to say they don't check consignments.

That is a shame. If they give two sh!ts about customer service and they did not disclose the resto, they need to take it back and give you your money back

It's weird because I almost had something similar happen to me on a Tec 168 at my LCS. It was raw and just looked "off" to me yet they wanted guide. I made a stink about it before I agreed to buy it and they called the consignor and sure enough, it was soaked in colour touch.

The take away for me is that I will probably never buy an expensive book raw again.

-J.

I purchased this at a local comic book store for. $1350, I had negotiated it down from $1500. They had to call the owner to negotiate because it was a consignment book.

I am not ready to throw them under the bus just yet. Once I get the book back I will try and return, want to give them the chance to make it right. I do fear if things go south it will be hard to pick up my weekly pull list, which is something I enjoy very much.