• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Daredevil #1 [UPDATED]

27 posts in this topic

Thank you much. I was just looking into pressing. This is one of my prized possessions now and I want it to look its best. Will it remove the slight role? Do you think it will increase the grade?

I'm going 4.0 with that huge water stain running down the full back spine edge. Looks way better on the FC but that back is going to drop it pretty heavy.

The press wont change much for the grade I don't think, maybe .5 since it's not the slight roll or wrikles that are the main issue.

Well this is getting disappointing. Can anyone recommend a presser/cleaner, the closer to NYC the better.

Don't be disappointed. I've seen books with a little water damage grade up to a 5.5. The little chip out of the back may take it down to a 5.0. Either way I think you did well. (thumbs u

-J.

Hard to tell, I'm seeing what looks like puckering from moisture but no actual stain, but would have to see in hand. The front looks like it has a slight transfer stain, which wouldn't effect the grade, unless the whiter area closer to the spine is from moisture.

I once bought a book like that, where the water damage wasn't really evident from the back cover as it looked like it had been pressed, but you could see the stain on the inside back and through the pages most of the way through the book. I sent it back.

A press would probably help what is already very nice eye-appeal. Depending if there is any actual staining or change in paper texture, I could see a press bringing the book into the FN territory.

So after much consideration I have decided to send this off to joey post for pressing and submission. I will let you guys know when I get the grade. Thank you all for grading.

It a good looking copy! :wishluck: on resulting grade!

5.0 color touched

I agree with Phil here...I believe I see some spots of CT...

The undersized O and R in marvels comic group. It's heavily CTd in the spine and some creasing running through the bottom right corner.

And the green in the price box. That crease near horn head's head looks filled in and looks like some migrated onto the yellow after the book got wet. No way that crease could be that pronounced and not break color.