• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Wars: Which Titles You Picking Up?

166 posts in this topic

I liked Old Man Logan also...you have to pick and choose which comics to read...there's some garbage...there's some good reads also. You can complain all you want, this snowball is rolling downhill and no amount of complaining will stop it.

The art in Old Man Logan was terrible. What a let down. The story still seems to be there, but the art gives me a headache. So disappointed, why couldnt they just spend the money to get a good combo again. Miller & McNiven were pure magic.

Planet Hulk was the only other book I was going to get looks like all pass on it too.

The art in Old Man Logan was terrible. What a let down. The story still seems to be there, but the art gives me a headache. So disappointed, why couldnt they just spend the money to get a good combo again. Miller & McNiven were pure magic.

Planet Hulk was the only other book I was going to get looks like all pass on it too.

+1 They take away 616 Wolverine and give us Old man logan and fans are supposed to be like great, wow, excelsior! What a letdown.

Do any of the super heroes remember their lives or what happened before God Doom...I'm guessing the only ones may be Thanos, evil Reed etc.

As revealed in Secret wars #3, it has been 8 years since the incursion, and only the people on the 2 life rafts are the only ones that remember anything of the previous world besides Dr. Strange.

Honestly, this is shaping up to be a well written story, that just so happens to start in the first Secret Wars.

There is a trade that I have seen called "Secret Wars Prelude" which outlines a lot of what happened before that has brought us to this point. Really good read containing original Secret Wars 10-12, Fantastic Four 611, New Avengers #1 and a few others.

This is one time that if it doesnt work they may never be able to fix it.

News today basically says there will be a new Hulk but Banner will still be around at least he will be. The new Wolverine isn't the 616 Wolverine so how can you still call him that. This isn't going to sell more comic books its going to splinter the generational love of comics being based down.

I'm out Marvel thanks for all the great back issues cause this stuff is spoon.

News today basically says there will be a new Hulk but Banner will still be around at least he will be. The new Wolverine isn't the 616 Wolverine so how can you still call him that. This isn't going to sell more comic books its going to splinter the generational love of comics being based down.

Did you feel the same way every time DC rebooted their universe? If they create a way to bring in new readers- only time will tell- and then tell good stories, how can Secret Wars be a bad thing?

As others have said, I was surprised how much I enjoyed issues 1 and 2.

Did you feel the same way every time DC rebooted their universe? If they create a way to bring in new readers- only time will tell- and then tell good stories, how can Secret Wars be a bad thing?

As others have said, I was surprised how much I enjoyed issues 1 and 2.

Umm basically because its been done before, doesn't make the characters any more interesting just changes their demographics for a while, and complicates the current and future reader trying to keep up with the all-new Marvel Now - All Different Thor, Wolverine, Thor Corps, Uncanny X-men (Opps Uncanny Inhumans or was it Uncanny Avengers or wait which Avergers the all female group, the young ones or the new line up. See even I'm confused imagine the new reader jumping on board would feel.

I finally got to Secret Wars #1 in my huge pile.

Not too impressed.

One of my biggest pet peeves in comics any more is how the sub-stories all stack on one another (not clear break from 616 story, then moving to Ultimate, than back to 616). Makes it feel messy.

Patrick

Being someone who was away for 2 decades of filler, I find Secret Wars to be easily followed, and having not read a single Ultimate title prior, had no problem determining the difference between the 2. Lettering in the speech bubbles is different for Ultimates also.