• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst modern covers ever
3 3

561 posts in this topic

CD78YAkVIAAb2L1.jpg

^ I did NOT make this up.

That's real? Jesus...

Da fcuk did i just see?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

the same tought crossed my mind...

for someone who tried to get back to modern comics recently (and failed) you're not helping... :grin:

regards

Guessing you dislike JRJR? haha

I would take Ramos over JRJR anyday.

JRJR had great potential. His Daredevil inked by Al Williamson is a little masterpiece. He just got lazy, and schematized his style to a "default".

Ramos may be "nice" in some poses, but he does not have a clue on how the human body is made, or works.

My vote goes to this one, but I am sure there are worse examples…

AVX-GambitSpiderWoman-Ramos.jpg

how can someone put this on a cover?!?! there are so many talented fellas/ gals and they let this be printed?!

it's an insult to this form of art!

regards

I like that they gave her a classic butt shot pose even though you can't even see her butt due to that cloak. I guess it's just the only pose for a woman the artist knew how to draw?

Also, is someone holding that lightsaber? It sort of looks like it's just resting on an end table.

$_57.JPG

No. How do you hold an axe? Like this? Is this it?

Who the heck is the dude w the saber and why is he pregnant??

I see a saber in the foreground but no picture of a dude with a saber. (shrug)

$_57.JPG

No. How do you hold an axe? Like this? Is this it?

Who the heck is the dude w the saber and why is he pregnant??

I see a saber in the foreground but no picture of a dude with a saber. (shrug)

Those pesty deadlines! Not even enough time to finish the cover...yeah I guess less is more with that one.

Picking up on this from another thread, I'd like to nominate this as the worst cover in the history of modern comic books...

292989_20140108141442_large.jpg

It doesn't feature the new Ms Marvel, therefore vastly reducing it's investment potential... ;)

DCAquaman39HarleyQuinnVariant002.jpg

I like this cover... it's a funny cover, as it was intended to be. Conner's work isn't everyone's cup of tea, however it can't be argued that it's badly drawn like some of the others posted here.

DCAquaman39HarleyQuinnVariant002.jpg

I like this cover... it's a funny cover, as it was intended to be. Conner's work isn't everyone's cup of tea, however it can't be argued that it's badly drawn like some of the others posted here.

+1

It's laid out well, and tells a story consistent with the characters.

Not liking a style doesn't equal bad cover.

It absolutely can. She has more artistic talent than me, but I don't think she should be working for a big 2 and doing covers.

It absolutely can. She has more artistic talent than me, but I don't think she should be working for a big 2 and doing covers.

Ok... so where's the argument?

Ok... so where's the argument?

You said it can't be argued that it's badly drawn. I would say her style is badly drawn.

Why is there an argument about creative preference?

I think the cover is lame.. Do I need to explain why? I just think its lame..

But if you need an artistic explanation then fine..

Harley's face is just very poorly drawn.. it almost seems as if it was pasted on the cover. And from an artistic point of view, it is the focal attention of the entire cover; it's placed in the center and is (obviously) brighter than the entire cover.. which in case draws the center of attention of the viewer.

Sure, its my opinion, but if anyone else thinks that her face is badly drawn, then from a compositional stand point it would seem logical that he/she will dislike it as well