• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone help me finish my Hero for Hire/Power Man/PM & IF run?

16 posts in this topic

I was able to help out a fellow forumite recently who only needed 6 Iron Man issues to finish a full run. He got a great response from fellow board members, so I figured I'd post in hopes that you guys can help me finish my run of "Luke Cage, Hero For Hire/Luke Cage, Power Man/Power Man & Iron Fist". PM & IF was one of my favorite titles in the 80's, and I've been working on a full run since I got back into collecting a little over a year ago.

Here are the issues I lack (28 issues total) from having a full run of 125 issues:

- 1-7, 9, 11, 13, 15-18, 21, 32, 35-37, 39, 42, 48-49, 53-4, 57, 74, 84

Since I'll be *reading* all the issues, reader copies are fine (and preferred; I am *not* looking for a high-grade run). I don't think the issues are high-demand or high-dollar, so honestly, I'm not looking to pay a lot for them, I just want to complete the full run. Hopefully I can find some folks who are just looking to get rid of these cheap. smile.gif

I know the villains are dippy (I already have the issues with the dreaded Mr. Death, Mr. Fish, Big Ben, Stiletto, Discus, Doombringer, etc.). smile.gif I know that a lot of the covers have Cage falling from a height that "even though I'm bulletproof, could kill even ME!" smile.gif I know the dialogue is how white men in the 70's thought black men in the 70's talked. smile.gif I've just always liked this title for some reason. smile.gif

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! smile.gif

Chris

I have a spare #2. I'll know the grade when I get home, but it was low enough that I recently replaced it. (Recently enough I haven't got the new one yet). Pretty certain its around a F.

Dunno if its worth the shipping cost to ya to get it though.

oh man, you're killing me. i have all those issues in duplicate spread out among 60 boxes in storage rooms 90 minutes apart

oh why i why did i never organize collection?

why oh why don't i have enough room to keep it all in my home?

woe is me

i do have #1 and that sabretooth appearance handy as well as some from the 30s and 40s and 50s. i'll e-mail you

Big thanks arexcrooke, who has really come through in a BIG way to help me with my quest! smile.gif Thanks to his help, my want list is down to the following:

- 1, 3-4, 11, 32, 35-37, 39

If anyone can help me out with these issues, please let me know! I only have NINE issues left! Thanks! smile.gif

Big thanks arexcrooke, who has really come through in a BIG way to help me with my quest! smile.gif Thanks to his help, my want list is down to the following:

- 1, 3-4, 11, 32, 35-37, 39

If anyone can help me out with these issues, please let me know! I only have NINE issues left! Thanks! smile.gif

PM sent

criminey, i'm too slow! i had found 3 of your's and know i have more in the back of that closet. I do have #1 handy.

I tried to send you a PM, but you don't accept PMs. Drop me an e-mail and let me know what all you were able to find, hopefully we can work something out for that #1.

Thanks to Steve (Rhino_Comics), I now only need the following issues:

- 1, 4, 11, 32, 35-37, 39

Only eight issues left! Can you feel the excitement??? smile.gif

Hopefully I won't get all of these except one and have to be the Ian Levine of Luke Cage comics. smile.gif