• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK || Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC 6.0 OW/W

80 posts in this topic

First off, I applaud the fact that you are looking for feedback. More Failed sales should do this.

Regarding your book, I didn't think it presented well for the grade. In fact I thought it looked overgraded. The bottom right corner had one crease that was very long. IMO, a crease of that length should hold the book at 5.5 . The spine did not appeal to me, it was a bit dirty with numerous small creases. The book was obviously, very aggressively pressed so Flippers did not see an opportunity here. Collectors, like myself, probably did not like the eye appeal. Chipping turns many collectors off. Sorry, just being honest. Good Luck.

Quite the eagle eye! (worship)

"The spine did not appeal to me, it was a bit dirty with numerous small creases. The book was obviously, very aggressively pressed"

I myself thought it seemed to lack great eye appeal with the BRC creases and the right edge chipping

kudos on asking for feedback BTW...

I think it's still important to consider that this is a 6.0 and you have expect some defect(s).

By definition, FINE grades are still desirable, but 'well-read'

granted:

marvel chipping, and the long crease on the bottom cover are unappealing.

The spine doesn't bother me

but:

it's still a 6.0!

I've seen way worse 6.0's

this is a nice copy.. sounds like people want a 6.0 that looks like a 7.0, but those are not easy to find...

they could just buy a 7.0 :baiting:

Massive thanks to everyone's contributions both here and via PM. I thought for sure eye appeal wouldn't be a variable, I've seen so many seemingly over graded 6.0's or 6.0's with significant MC that I didn't consider that an issue. I suppose as you guys have said, when you're purchasing at that price you do want the best looking book you can find, so I can empathise with people's reluctance. Even so though, I thought the book was priced generously, I myself put it down more so towards the growing disinterest in ASM 1 when for the money you can get an AF15 albeit a lower grade. Dave from KPR had some great advice/insight for me regarding that. Nonetheless I might let the dust settle here for a few days and consider any late offers before trying eBay.

Thanks again!

An amazing fantasy 15 at 1.0/1.5 or an asm 1 in 6.0 at roughly same price...yeah, I don't think that is much of a reason why the book didn't sell

From experience of selling many books here. If there isn't a "deal" to be found it gets much harder to sell , especially when you get into the price range of this book (7k+)... That is unless someone happens to be looking for a specific book, and the book catches their eye! ...

- That is the #1 reason it hasn't sold yet ... And that's a fact :sumo:

An amazing fantasy 15 at 1.0/1.5 or an asm 1 in 6.0 at roughly same price...yeah, I don't think that is much of a reason why the book didn't sell

From experience of selling many books here. If there isn't a "deal" to be found it gets much harder to sell , especially when you get into the price range of this book (7k+)... That is unless someone happens to be looking for a specific book, and the book catches their eye! ...

I totally agree with the above. This is a tough crowd. The price was okay but not a deal. It's not a CPR candidate. You should probably put it in auction where a real collector may see it.

When this first came up I was in the market for asm 1, ended buying a nice 5.0 for around 5k, woulda considered it more but the price was way high then... 8.5k and didn't seem any room to budge (no lowball offers) so moved on instead of even considering it. If it came in at 7k ish to start with maybe would've thought twice.

+1

Hang in there with the book. It's a nice copy, although I would echo what others had said that it doesn't present as well as some other 6.0's do.

Maybe a dry cleaning and resub to clean the book up a little?

You may also close the thread, let the book be for a little bit (if you don't need the money pronto), and then put it on the market again.

Ultimately, the book is looking for someone to "shake hands" with. It'll happen. Just need the right interested party at some point.

Best of luck with everything.

Put it on eBay, the pool is just bigger than it is here. I've noticed that if you don't get an immediate bite around here, no one is interested.

I agree with eBay having a bigger pool , especially when selling high value stuff. But disagree with the highlight part of the quote. - as I've sold plenty here , days if not weeks after posting a sales thread.

Put it on eBay, the pool is just bigger than it is here. I've noticed that if you don't get an immediate bite around here, no one is interested.

I agree with eBay having a bigger pool , especially when selling high value stuff. But disagree with the highlight part of the quote. - as I've sold plenty here , days if not weeks after posting a sales thread.

Agree. Took 3 weeks (+ a big HA sale) for my Hulk #1 to go. I had to cut my price down quite a bit, but I still think I did better here than I would have at ebay. The fees are considerable. 2c

I've noticed that if you don't get an immediate bite around here, no one flipper is interested.

FTFY

Sometimes it does require a bit of patience for a collector to come along who is looking for your book...particularly one who understands the following principle: when you see a fair price, it's OK to just say 'yes' 2c

I've noticed that if you don't get an immediate bite around here, no one flipper is interested.

FTFY

Sometimes it does require a bit of patience for a collector to come along who is looking for your book...particularly one who understands the following principle: when you see a fair price, it's OK to just say 'yes' 2c

Yes! A googleplex of "+1"s for you!