• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my latest Ebay win

12 posts in this topic

I'm hoping it's at least a 5. It's not that much of a gamble to me. If I'm not satisfied, I'll hold on to it until the value goes up enough to recover the cost of over-paying. It looks to me to be around a 6, I'm keepin my fingers crossed.

I think that BRC crease, which breaks color takes it out of the 6.0 category. If there is no staining of significance on the back, you could get a 5.0 still it looks like the grade with be based on an accumulated of a lot of small defects. If the cover has the gloss and reflectivity retention that it states in the auction and there are no issues on the back - you may very well get that 6.0.

But my gut tells me that the back is going to have defects in line with those present on the front which lends me to say 5.0. Question? did you ask for a back cover scan?? Either way I think thats a nice copy for the price, though I have absolutely no idea about the B&B market.

i'm gonna be optimistic here and say that this falls closer to the fine grade than very good.

having said that, the lack of a back cover scan, the cropped upper front cover scan and the "buy-as-is" scares me too...........

i always loved that cover and missed out on a fine set of the 3 B&B issues a couple years ago which still sticks in my craw....

Good Luck........ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think that BRC crease, which breaks color takes it out of the 6.0 category.

I have to disagree. If you read the grade description for 8.0 in the Overstreet guide, it says color creases cannot break color. However, 7.0 & 6.0 don't say that creases cannot break color. In fact, I had a CGC 7.0 Batman 227 last year that had a color-breaking crease in the bottom right corner. See below.

I don't see anything that keeps this from being a 6.0.

batman227.jpg

Looks like it could be in the 6.0 neighborhood.

The cropped top edge and "as-is" policy would concern me however.

Just hope all the pages are there and intact.

Looks near Fine to me (5.5ish).

I'm hoping it's at least a 5. It's not that much of a gamble to me. If I'm not satisfied, I'll hold on to it until the value goes up enough to recover the cost of over-paying. It looks to me to be around a 6, I'm keepin my fingers crossed.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif and don't forget to give us good scans when you get it! thumbsup2.gif