• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Headliners.....

15 posts in this topic

Now, that avengers is gone, what is marvel's main comic?! confused-smiley-013.gif

Avengers hasn't been marvel's "main comic" for... well, ever.

Right now, New Avengers, Astonishing X-Men, and The Ultimates are probably their biggest titles.

Astonishing is only up to what, issue 8? It may be good, but it doesn't make up for how BAD Uncanny and Adjectiveless are. Claremont just can't write anymore. Rogue and Gambit and even New X-men are better than Uncanny is right now. The first Nightcrawler arc was outstanding though if you didn't check that out.

And Wheadon is leaving soon. =( It has been a great ride though for as long as its lasted.

I've always thought of ASM as Marvel's flagship title.

I've heard rumours that Wheadon has agreed to come back after Serenity is wrapped and in the theatres....

Nothing hard from Marvel so maybe it's just somebody's wishful thinking....but would be cool.

Now, that avengers is gone, what is marvel's main comic?! confused-smiley-013.gif

Don't you mean now that Thor is gone?

frown.gif Hopefully after Stormbreaker, they will resurrect him (they ALWAYS do, don't they?)

Not sure why they have to stop the series at 6? frustrated.gif They should keep it going. Thor is coming back this summer, I can't wait. BUT I wonder how they are going to unravel everything, all the dead Asgardians, etc, etc. Should be a top seller. I'd have to say that over the years, consistently, there hasn't been a better read than Thor.

Astonishing is only up to what, issue 8? It may be good, but it doesn't make up for how BAD Uncanny and Adjectiveless are. Claremont just can't write anymore. Rogue and Gambit and even New X-men are better than Uncanny is right now.

Yuck. I read Rogue up to issue 6, and it was awful. Ok art, but the story was just plain goofy.

I did pick up the first trade of Astonishing though, collecting 1-6. All in all (and bearing in mind that I stopped reading X-books 15 years ago) I liked it. It had all the elements I remember liking about the X-Men. But man was it slow. Good thing it was a trade. Those 6 issues could've been 3.

Astonishing is only up to what, issue 8? It may be good, but it doesn't make up for how BAD Uncanny and Adjectiveless are. Claremont just can't write anymore. Rogue and Gambit and even New X-men are better than Uncanny is right now.

Yuck. I read Rogue up to issue 6, and it was awful. Ok art, but the story was just plain goofy.

I did pick up the first trade of Astonishing though, collecting 1-6. All in all (and bearing in mind that I stopped reading X-books 15 years ago) I liked it. It had all the elements I remember liking about the X-Men. But man was it slow. Good thing it was a trade. Those 6 issues could've been 3.

Or 1, if you completely throw out everything but the fights.