• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello from new member

26 posts in this topic

Hello

I just wanted to introduce myself, I just joined the CGC board and have been lurking and reading posts for a couple of days.

My name is Jeff Boege, but most people just call me Boege (think golf to pronounce). I have the same sad story as a lot of 40+ year olds. I collect E.C. comics back in the 70's and 80's but then marriage, house, etc. The E.C. collection was sold, for $2000. I had around 170 E.C's all above fine condition.

About a year ago I stumbled on some E.C.'s online and WAM, the E.C. fever came back. So I went out and purchase the latest price guide, came home, started looking up the all the E.C.'s, say the prices and started sobbing. My Vault #12 is worth what!

Well water under the bridge right? So now I'm starting over again. I've been buying a lot of lower grade stuff but like before the sickness is switching over to more high grade issues. I have yet to CGC any E.C.'s yet.

Anyway that's enough for now, I hope to contribute to the board as I can. Please go easy on me when I ask some dumb questions.

Boege

Please go easy on me when I ask some dumb questions.

Wait a minute now. At this posting you have two posts and both in the GA area? And you are talking about ECs?

To this 54 year old precode horror collector, you sound like a most welcome addition!

So WELCOME, DAGNABBIT!!!!!!!!!! grin.gif

So ask away and also tell us how things are going on your collecting end! You betcha! thumbsup2.gif

I won't try to over post.

Almost impossible in the GA section! grin.gif

Oh yeah? (see how easy it is... poke2.gif)

And hey jeffb, welcome to the boards. Look forward to hearing more about your collection. Nice website you're putting together there, too. I'm also a fan of "documenting" my collection.