• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you have what it takes...

18 posts in this topic

To pull a Clark Kent? Do you have the mental capacity to live a double life?

What sort of downsides would one face if they were to try? When would the lines begin to blur between personalities? Would you have a mental breakdown? Could you pull it off?

I know for an fact I could, may be rough sometimes but in the end it will pay off, helping people has been an everyday occurance for me in my everyday real life. If I had powers? I would be just like Supes if I could. Thing is with all that power people will be scared.. Hence Batman V Superman will explain, why a Superman in the real world would show how scared people will be..

I could easily do this no problem. I have what it takes. I could be Kav then take off my pants and voila-WOODGOD.

People pull this off all the time, but it's usually negative. Cheaters living on the razor's edge of being caught. Guys that have two entirely different families who know nothing about each other. Serial killers who were the nicest family men on their block.

Then there are real-life spies trying to ferret out another country's secrets. Undercover cops and agents working to expose organized crime. What kind of person can actually succeed at this kind of life? I bet it's rare.

I'd imagine we all live some sort of "double life." We all hide what we really think & feel all the time - except on the internet. I have learned so much more about my relatives by creeping their FB pages than I'd ever know them from real-life.

:eek:

-slym

What sort of downsides would one face if they were to try? When would the lines begin to blur between personalities? Would you have a mental breakdown? Could you pull it off?

There is never a "blur between two personalities" because there aren’t "two personalities" to begin with: just a fractured one.

There is never a "blur between two personalities" because there aren’t "two personalities" to begin with: just a fractured one.

Yes, a fractured personality is a much more accurate description. Now, since it is already fractured... what is stoping it from completing breaking apart?

Would it be like a Harvey Dent sort of deal?

Wouldn't the routine of switching between Clark and Supes take a toll on the brain? :insane:
This happened in Moon Knight I think, since he had so many different identities, and he started to go a crazy with trying to figure out who he really was.

How do I fit my Superman boots under my clark kent shoes-that's my main concern.