• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARCH Contest Round 1 A : Overtime

45 posts in this topic

1st OT is over. Now before any one screams at me here I forgot to scan the book showing the grade foreheadslap.gif, which I will do first thing in the morning. So I will tell you now what the book grade was and get round 2 set up.

Here are the players and the grades they submitted: The BOOK BTW was a 9.6

#25 fantasyfootballbono 9.0 vs. #10 jeffreykli 9.2- winner -

#18 cw 9.4-winner-vs. #22 comicdey 9.2

#63 supremo 9.6-winner-vs. #35 jimm94 9.2

#15 deathlok 9.4vs #27 arexcrooke 9.4 ---TIE

#54 davidking6239.2 vs. #58 hobbes 9.4-winner-

#59 darthdiesel 9.6-winner-vs. #26 hobgoblin 9.2

#21 october fire9.0 vs. #46 zonker 9.8-winner-

9.6 with a quarter-inch long COLOR BREAKING corner crease on the front cover and an eighth-inch color flake off the back bottom spine corner? Give me a phucking break!!!!! frustrated.gifscrewy.gif

No disrespect meant for my next statement but,

I was pretty sure FFB and Inconceivable would have made it down to the Final Four, again no disrespect to all who have advanced crazy.gif

I was pretty sure FFB and Inconceivable would have made it down to the Final Four, again no disrespect to all who have advanced crazy.gif

screwy.gif They have to rely on themselves and not a team! tongue.gif

screwy.gif They have to rely on themselves and not a team! tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif

1st OT is over. Now before any one screams at me here I forgot to scan the book showing the grade foreheadslap.gif, which I will do first thing in the morning. So I will tell you now what the book grade was and get round 2 set up.

#25 fantasyfootballbono 9.0 vs. #10 jeffreykli 9.2- winner -

#18 cw 9.4-winner-vs. #22 comicdey 9.2

#63 supremo 9.6-winner-vs. #35 jimm94 9.2

#15 deathlok 9.4vs #27 arexcrooke 9.4 ---TIE

#54 davidking6239.2 vs. #58 hobbes 9.4-winner-

#59 darthdiesel 9.6-winner-vs. #26 hobgoblin 9.2

#21 october fire9.0 vs. #46 zonker 9.8-winner-

9.6 with a quarter-inch long COLOR BREAKING corner crease on the front cover and an eighth-inch color flake off the back bottom spine corner? Give me a phucking break!!!!! frustrated.gifscrewy.gif

holySHIZZLE! i would TOTALLY have gotten waxed this round. i need to send in my Byrne XMen run like yesterday!

I think I've hit Zen.

I would have nailed that one too. yay.gif

I was thinking 9.6 too...

But you can tell with those moderns. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

9.6?? 893whatthe.gif

Wow. I'm speechless. I guess I'm grading by PGX standards, not CGC. 27_laughing.gif

A truly worthy opponent 893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif The only reason I put 9.6 ( and nikos can vouch for my comment regarding this corner flaw when I turned in my score) is because I have seen this same issue come across my hands in that grade with similar defects. That lower corner crease is magnified by the scanner light and I think in person it is visible but not "as" color breaking to behold. also the spinal corner flake/flaw that folks are referring to is a production defect - several of the GN style square-ish spined moderns came with a flake or little fuzzy thing hanging off it, same with some chromium enhanced covers and their spinal corners. Again this flaw is magnified by the scanner and not really a glaring defect in hand wink.gif

My Dark Knight 1 looks almost exactly like the OT tie-breaker issue and has similar defects...I was suprised it was graded that high too. And, mine was submitted 2 years ago. Strange how the moderns seem to get the most leeway by cgc; but alas, we don't work at cgc.

I pulled a Greggy, looked at it for 20 seconds, and graded it a 9.6 insane.gif but if I was selling it, I'd grade it a 9.2 wink.gif

toot toot tongue.gif

Guess you missed Greggy's salvo . . .

stooges.gifpoke2.gif