• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No More CGC for me???

10 posts in this topic

Or... Oh just read the journal

No more CGC for me?

It's been a while since I wrote on a regular basis. There wasn't a week that went by that I didn't post at least one journal. I talked about what I was grading or what I was buying, but then CBCS came around and I slowed to almost a stop...or is that just coincidence. In the last year my life has changed, which includes my upcoming wedding.

Years ago I mentioned about buying a car. I never did, because there was no need, but there was comic after comic. I bought some and I sold less than I purchased. But it was time...I needed a new car. The wheels were ready to fall off the old car, not to mention no heat and no AC. Did I mention the drivers side window no longer worked? The gas gauge was broken. The windows leaked and the undercarriage was...well let's just say I started to think about the Flintstones. The lack of fluids and the hoses that acted like a sieve aided this image.

I could go on, but the point is I am happy to say I am the proud owner of a new 2014 Hyundai Veloster. My CGC days are not over and even though I might pick up a CBCS graded book from time to time, I will continue to get my birthday books. I am fortunate that I have friends looking with me. I found a recent Captain America #148 in Philadelphia during Wizard World. It just wasn't good enough, but the car at the moment is a Gem Mint Ten.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

16627.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Ps. The bottom part of the picture is indeed me kissing my old Chevy Nova good bye. The day I purchased the vehicle on January 4th 2007, my father was with me. We were told a story that the woman who parted with it gave it a kiss good bye. I decided I could do no less.

Congrats on the new car!

Life takes precedence over our hobbies, but there's always a way to balance it all and make it work.

I can understand getting attached to cars... great memories spawned by road trips and the such make it all tough to say goodbye... but now you have a new beauty and this will lead to even more great times.

Safe driving!

SW3D

Hyundai's are getting sharper all the time. That model looks sweet! Though, I must confess, it doesn't look like it can hold too many long boxes... 8) Congratulations on the new ride and coming wedding! The secret to a long lasting marriage is simple, "Happy Wife, Happy Life." You'll grow to hate these words, but there are none no truer.

Tnerb,

Is that the "Crime Fighting" model? Congrats on the new ride. I've owned some of the worst cars in history ( Amc Pacer, Hornet etc.) and it's a great feeling when you get a new one.

Congrats on your new car and upcoming wedding. Although, I do miss your journals.

Real life does get in the way of collecting. I know from personal experience I took off about 10-15 years of serious collecting when our kids were young. I avoided selling my collection, which was a great decision, as now I have more time and money and I'm enjoying collecting more now than every before.