• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody in Atlanta this Sunday (2/13)?

2 posts in this topic

On Sunday, February 13th, the William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum is hosting a lecture by Roy Thomas that coincides with its exhibit titled "Zap! Pow! Bam! The Superhero: The Golden Age of Comic Books 1938-1950." (UPCOMING LECTURES are to be given by Gerald Jones, author of Men of Tomorrow, and Danny Fingeroth, author of the recent Superman On the Couch.)

I'm really interested in this show. There was an article about it in a recent CBM and it looks like there's some great stuff featured- esp. GA original art.

I don't think I'll be making it down to Atlanta, but I'm really hoping it finds it's way up to the NYC area soon.

I would love to hear Gerald Jones lecture. I enjoyed Men of Tomorrow very much and thought it really had a distinct, socio/psychological take on the early history of comics.