• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philadelphia -- June 2-5, 2016

93 posts in this topic

Years ago, I got Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon to sign my Preacher 1. Yeah before I ever heard of CGC SS unfortunately. It was at WW Philly too.

I decided I mine as well add Glenn Fabry this year

27441376205_cfabb031e6_b.jpg

PLMK if Fabry is charging for sigs on books for CGC SS...and if he is charging for sigs and a sketch on CGC SS books.

By sketches, I mean a small sketch of Custer's face with a ciggie hanging frim his lips on a Preacher fr9nt cover, for a CGC SS book.A doodad that would take him about 10 seconds.If so, how much?

Not a intricate b/w full page sketch.

I waiting around today from noon til 1:30 and he hadn't shown up yet, so I left. Too many errands to do today, but I'll try again tomorrow.

I also want to get a SS book done so I'll see.

If this helps any, he was selling signed prints yesterday and the charge for a quick doodle on the print $25. I'd guess it'd be similar for a SS book?

PLMK if Fabry is charging for sigs on books for CGC SS...and if he is charging for sigs and a sketch on CGC SS books.

By sketches, I mean a small sketch of Custer's face with a ciggie hanging frim his lips on a Preacher fr9nt cover, for a CGC SS book.A doodad that would take him about 10 seconds.If so, how much?

Not a intricate b/w full page sketch.

I waiting around today from noon til 1:30 and he hadn't shown up yet, so I left. Too many errands to do today, but I'll try again tomorrow.

I also want to get a SS book done so I'll see.

If this helps any, he was selling signed prints yesterday and the charge for a quick doodle on the print $25. I'd guess it'd be similar for a SS book?

25 bucks works for me..thanks.

Fabry gave me my worst Dr Strange sketch ever, and it only cost me $100. His friends were ready to leave for the day to go drinking and he looked at me, handed a rough figure to me, and ran off into NYC. When they said the word "pub" his programming was activated and off he went on his mission. I held onto it for a few years intending to stick it in front of him at another show but never saw him again until yesterday. but I traded the piece off to Anthony Snyder some time ago.

When I got in yesterday and wondered around onsite seemed thoroughly manageable, but I left my books home due to slabgate.

Larry's Comics was where I spent my cash. He had all the kewl hot moderns. I got a few WD 132 and 138s from him for under $3 each. (They were $4 each or 7/$20.) My whole ride home was spent thinking about going back Sunday to toss more cash at him but I think the hour drive each way will kill that impulse.

any one have a report on how this show was for comics? Haven't went in a about three years and would love to know how much quality books were in the room.

Bob Storms and Greg Reece are set up, so between the two of them there's definitely some sweet material. There aren't, however, a slew of dealers all with nice stuff.

The comic dealers are dwarfed by the flea market booths.

Took my nephew on Saturday. He really wanted to meet Christopher Lloyd. Which never happened. Lloyd showed up an hour late for his signing and cut off signing right on time. Even some VIP's didn't get their stuff signed. The waiting lines were not really thought out very well. Chalk lines don't really keep the people in the back in place like fencing and barricades do. When the people from Wizard were handing out numbered cards for the next signing, people in the back were rushing to the front to get early numbers and the volunteers and security did nothing about it. We just decided to leave. Went to the ticket booth for a refund and the people at the ticket kept trying to talk us out of it. Didn't want to wait another 2 hours to wait another several hours and still not getting my nephew to meet him. I will not go to another Wizard Convention but I did get several good books out of it. I was also disappointed in the amount of dealers there. Maybe they were at AwesomeCon in D.C. that going on this weekend too.