• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I return this JG Jones pieces?

26 posts in this topic

That's a headshot in my book. I love J.G.'s work and own several of his Marvel Boy and Fatale pages. I also recall getting a $100 full figure Fatale about 10 years ago, but like a lot of people his prices have apparently risen. That head is fantastic, but I have to say that Archangel has a ridiculously awesome costume, and having that chest(maybe a part of a wing) would make it a bust for me. I get quite a few commissions done, and every time the artist is always concerned if I'm happy. I generally always have been. but every so often I'll ask for a little something if I feel like it's missing something. All the artists I've ever worked with are happy to do it. JG is a super nice guy, and I doubt he would have a problem adding a little to it if you brought this to his attention. It's not insulting the artist to expect something you're happy with as long as it's within reason, and I feel like asking for a little more in line with what you would consider a bust is certainly reasonable. A shoulder and part of a wing is what I would go for actually. Asking for a part of the wing in lieu of the chest would be important to me as it is such a pivotal part of the character. I don't want to speak for the man, but I would think he would be willing to do that. This whole "the artist was having a bad day, and you should feel satisfied with anything you get" stuff is not acceptable. You are commissioning work. If the work isn't to your liking then it's not unreasonable to ask for additional work to be done especially since this head shot doesn't fall into what some(myself included) would consider a bust. There are those out there that would try and take advantage of some artist's good nature, but I don't think this falls into that at all.