• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigger SA Key: Flash 105 or Justice League of America 1?

Bigger SA Key: Flash 105 or JLA 1  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger SA Key: Flash 105 or JLA 1

424 posts in this topic

I would rather have JLA 1 more than Flash 105..... but I don't really see either as being all that historically significant..... both are basically just follow through books. The real debate would be Showcase 4 versus BB 28...... which I would give a slight edge to SC 4 ......although, once again, I'd rather have a BB 28 2c GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Flash 105 is more than a follow up book. Yes, SC 4 and BB 28 are bigger books but DC had more than 2 SA keys. Following this line of thinking can lead us to just making comparisons between Action Comics 1 and Tec 27 and we can end it there. The DC SA is a hell of a lot more than SC 4 and BB 28.

And the idea that one DC key is more significant than another since it may have influenced the developed the first Marvel creation doesn't address the impact it had on the DC Silver Age.

Flash 105 and JLA 1 are both great keys and have significant roles in DC's SA that are worth discussing and comparing.

....I probably should have worded my post differently. I always enjoy your threads and the debates are always fun. It's only my opinion as to the "redundancy" of the books where franchises finally receive their own title after appearing elsewhere. The 105 does have Mirror Master's first appearance, so there is added significance there. That may give 105 the edge (to me...) between these two. I still view them both in the same light that I would an ASM 1.......important, but mainly "after the fact". GOD BLESS...

Thanks Jimbo (thumbs u

I see your point about the historical role these keys have. I'm always happy to discuss comic book topics that don't involve the current prevalent topics that are based on speculation, investments, and the upcoming movie in 2035 that's going to impact the financial value of a character's first appearance.

Interestingly, the 3 year period that took place in between SC 4 and BB28 is and amazing time since we only see one superhero SA character, Flash, get his own book. Another reason why Flash 105 is a special book.

I would rather have JLA 1 more than Flash 105..... but I don't really see either as being all that historically significant..... both are basically just follow through books. The real debate would be Showcase 4 versus BB 28...... which I would give a slight edge to SC 4 ......although, once again, I'd rather have a BB 28 2c GOD BLESS...

Flash 105 is more than a follow up book. Yes, SC 4 and BB 28 are bigger books but DC had more than 2 SA keys. Following this line of thinking can lead us to just making comparisons between Action Comics 1 and Tec 27 and we can end it there. The DC SA is a hell of a lot more than SC 4 and BB 28.

And the idea that one DC key is more significant than another since it may have influenced the developed the first Marvel creation doesn't address the impact it had on the DC Silver Age.

Flash 105 and JLA 1 are both great keys and have significant roles in DC's SA that are worth discussing and comparing.

....I probably should have worded my post differently. I always enjoy your threads and the debates are always fun. It's only my opinion as to the "redundancy" of the books where franchises finally receive their own title after appearing elsewhere. The 105 does have Mirror Master's first appearance, so there is added significance there. That may give 105 the edge (to me...) between these two. I still view them both in the same light that I would an ASM 1.......important, but mainly "after the fact". GOD BLESS...

Thanks Jimbo (thumbs u

I see your point about the historical role these keys have. I'm always happy to discuss comic book topics that don't involve the current prevalent topics that are based on speculation, investments, and the upcoming movie in 2035 that's going to impact the financial value of a character's first appearance.

Interestingly, the 3 year period that took place in between SC 4 and BB28 is and amazing time since we only see one superhero SA character, Flash, get his own book. Another reason why Flash 105 is a special book.

Good point.

Then why do you accept things like "Sept-Oct 1956: Showcase #6 appears on the newsstands." to be fact when the cover date on the comic is February?

If you don't know anything about history, please don't argue about historical events.

Come on.

You know very well that my point of view on this subject isn't inaccurate. You can believe RMA's version, but it is still his version.

You are just looking for me to make a mistake to dismiss everything I said versus accepting the argument as a whole.

Forgetting to fact check a few of the data points doesn't change the reality that much of what he wrote there is his interpretation. I don't have the kind of time to filter through the thousands of lines of details he throws up in every argument. However, you don't need a history degree to see that he is clearly taking a position and interpreting events to make an argument. This is not rocket science and irrefutable.

I really don't want to argue this with another person, can we just be done?

You are mad. You are completely mad. You have gone completely off the rails.

That is the only thing that can explain why you call simple facts "opinions" and "interpretations."

When and to whom was Showcase #11 commissioned?

Do you have any knowledge of comics history? Do you have any knowledge of comics production?

If you don't know these things, you have no business being in this discussion. None at all.

I know this thread ran out of steam and died a little while ago, but I just came across this and thought I'd leave it here for *cough* anyone *cough* who may be ignorant of how comics are made.

LifeCycle.jpg

But what does she know? (shrug)

Then why do you accept things like "Sept-Oct 1956: Showcase #6 appears on the newsstands." to be fact when the cover date on the comic is February?

If you don't know anything about history, please don't argue about historical events.

Come on.

You know very well that my point of view on this subject isn't inaccurate. You can believe RMA's version, but it is still his version.

You are just looking for me to make a mistake to dismiss everything I said versus accepting the argument as a whole.

Forgetting to fact check a few of the data points doesn't change the reality that much of what he wrote there is his interpretation. I don't have the kind of time to filter through the thousands of lines of details he throws up in every argument. However, you don't need a history degree to see that he is clearly taking a position and interpreting events to make an argument. This is not rocket science and irrefutable.

I really don't want to argue this with another person, can we just be done?

You are mad. You are completely mad. You have gone completely off the rails.

That is the only thing that can explain why you call simple facts "opinions" and "interpretations."

When and to whom was Showcase #11 commissioned?

Do you have any knowledge of comics history? Do you have any knowledge of comics production?

If you don't know these things, you have no business being in this discussion. None at all.

I know this thread ran out of steam and died a little while ago, but I just came across this and thought I'd leave it here for *cough* anyone *cough* who may be ignorant of how comics are made.

LifeCycle.jpg

But what does she know? (shrug)

hm