• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

600 Silver Age Comic Collection

57 posts in this topic

I have approximately 600 Silver books to sell.

What is best way to sell entire collection?

You should consign them to a reputable dealer. Their expertise and customer base are well worth the nominal % they will take.

Be careful. There are many good people on these boards, but there are also some who will try to fleece you.

I would avoid private negations on the boards. The best way to determine price is to sell openly in the market.

Maybe have a small sales thread and let a few books go and wait for those transactions to be completed and get feedback and then have a larger sales thread. You should also consider slabbing the higher dollar books like the FF1.

If you can't be bothered to do that work, Mint's suggestion of consigning to a dealer is good. I hear bob storms is the man for that type of arrangement though there are many other trustworthy dealers here.

If you do decide to have a small sales thread and need advice on fair market value feel free to PM me. I wont try and buy anything and genuinely enjoy helping people on the boards. I do not know as much as some but can give educated guidance.

I would avoid private negations on the boards. The best way to determine price is to sell openly in the market.

+1

I would agree to this. Put them out there in the open and you are likely to get the best prices.

You should of course expect that someone waiting to make a profit off of you and this collection will argue against this.

and I, like many others here I'm sure, would really love to get a first look and choice at those comics.... but I think the best for you is to put them up publicly and let people bid them up to FMV.

+1

I would agree to this. Put them out there in the open and you are likely to get the best prices.

You should of course expect that someone waiting to make a profit off of you and this collection will argue against this.

and I, like many others here I'm sure, would really love to get a first look and choice at those comics.... but I think the best for you is to put them up publicly and let people bid them up to FMV.

It's all going to depend on how much work someone is willing to put into selling. Some people can't be bothered scanning, packaging, shipping 100's of books, dealing with potential returns, non-paying bidders, etc. Some people just want a tidy, neat deal and to move on.

So that's up to the seller to decide.

+1

It's all going to depend on how much work someone is willing to put into selling. Some people can't be bothered scanning, packaging, shipping 100's of books, dealing with potential returns, non-paying bidders, etc. Some people just want a tidy, neat deal and to move on.

So that's up to the seller to decide.

That's true. It does take a bit of work, so if that is an issue then ok. But then I think the seller should still insist on that person offering all up publicly... to avoid that friends and family get 'good deals'.

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions that have been offered.

At this point, I will consider all options.

I have spent considerable time before I even posted the desire to sell scanning the front of each book and realistically grading per other books that I have seen graded on this forum.

I have attempted to look at books where someone asks for a grade and come up with what I would grade and find I am usually quite close so I feel comfortable with the grade I have assigned to each of my books.

I also have attempted to be realistic with the value using the Overstreet pricing guide.

I will try to find several collectors and work to get my best value and if that does not seem to be working then I will list some of the books individually.

Again thanks to all for their interest , especially those who have shown an interest in the collection and those with sincere suggestions.

best thing to do is first to read the rules of selling in this thread

best thing to do is first to read the rules of selling in this thread

I take it back

first thing to do is cut a hole in a box