• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America by Brubaker ***SPOILERS***

14 posts in this topic

I picked this title up on the recommendations of Brubaker fans here, and I just finished reading the first three issues.

I have to say reading a Cap against the Red Skull story (with the Cosmic Cube, no less!) is like putting on your favorite old shirt, it just feels right somehow. The WWII flashback scenes are awesome too!

Somehow I don't think RS will stay dead, but we'll see. And now Cap has to deal with a rogue Russian General who has the Cube!

My one complaint, the last two pages with Jack Monroe. I don't want Jack Monroe in my Cap book, at all. I'm glad he got shot, maybe he's actually dead! But nah, no point in even bringing him into it if he's just going to get plugged and dumped in a trunk and that's it.

I'll go another issue or two on this series, but they better stay away from the personal drama and keep the action up.

You hate Jack Monroe? He was so insignificant to me, I couldn't care less if died or not.

Anyway, the new Cap series is a marked improvement. The art is actually good. The story is good. It actually makes me excited to read Cap again.

He was. I just found Nomad insignificant.

Thanks for reminding me that I have both mini-series of Nomad. boo.gif

This new series is doing okay. Perfection would have been to have these type of storylines with the Cassady art from Vol. 4. Damn, having 5 Volumes is too much. We're gonna have to start using Roman Numerals soon to tell which book we're talking about. frustrated.gif

I am totally sucked in - the right balance of Silver/Bronze nostalgia and Spy thriller/murder mystery storytelling. I love that Michael Lark does the WW2 flashbacks- his style works well with Epting's.

So issue #6 is going to be big huh - must be the return of Bucky ( as bad guy?)

If Bucky returns, Marvel will truly have broken the cardinal rule, "Only Bucky stays dead forever."

Here, here. I know Bucky was killed on that plane back in the 40/50's but did he come back at some point. I always hated these useless sidekicks and tend to ignore series that had them so I'm really out of the loop on this one. Maybe he will return as Super Bucky?

If Bucky returns, Marvel will truly have broken the cardinal rule, "Only Bucky stays dead forever."

Here, here. I know Bucky was killed on that plane back in the 40/50's but did he come back at some point. I always hated these useless sidekicks and tend to ignore series that had them so I'm really out of the loop on this one. Maybe he will return as Super Bucky?

Okay, so maybe it's the return of Bucky's old pals, Knuckles, Whitewash & Tubby.

In issue 6 it is revealed Red skull was the real Steve Rogers and Captain America is a clone

Yeah, that worked out so well before when they revealed that Peter Parker had been the clone without us knowing for years worth of stories! I recall the accolades and attention for that all-time classic storyline! They really ran with that one, didn't they? tonofbricks.gifboo.giftonofbricks.gifboo.giftonofbricks.gifboo.giftonofbricks.gifboo.giftonofbricks.gifboo.gif