• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highest grade attainable with cover detached from one staple?

11 posts in this topic

(shrug)

I sold some 9.2-9.6 looking SA books with a blown staple as FN+ copies and no one complained. The buyer was happy to get such nice looking books at a cheap price.

A single staple book ( like many war era GA books) I'd grade lower as the cover is completely detached.

I assume you mean a Universal Label grade as opposed to a Qualified Label grade. This gets a little tricky = more complicated than it sounds. I don't remember the particulars but there was a thread discussing this. There are degrees of detachment.

I no longer have the book, but it was a CGC 7.0 that was otherwise consistent with slabbed 8.5's......the staple was only popped on the front side. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think this is a good example of your question:

Doesn't really answer his question. The question is for the highest grade in a Universal Blue Label. Now, if CGC would tell you what they would grade your Qualified 9.6 in a Universal Label, that would answer his question.

I think this is a good example of your question:

Doesn't really answer his question. The question is for the highest grade in a Universal Blue Label. Now, if CGC would tell you what they would grade your Qualified 9.6 in a Universal Label, that would answer his question.

doh!

You're correct Bob, sorry, I misunderstood, I was thinking what is the highest possible grade for a DBS.