• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT:Item damaged while shipping..who is responsible?

23 posts in this topic

It's already been said, but I will say it again in support of it:

Send all international stuff air mail parcel post and insured. It is the only way you can track it. Without insurance and tracking, it's the wild west out there. If a package is lost or damaged or a customer does a chargeback, you will have NO RECOURSE without tracking and insurance. The only time I make an exception to this is if I have done business with a person before or know him. State your int'l shipping policy upfront in your auction and people who don't like it won't bid.

Joe

My opinion on shipping damages is this. If the seller packed the book safely and the post office damages it because of an obvious error such as a truck rolled over the box or something then it is not the seller's fault regardless of insurance. However, if the seller packed like a fraudulent [#@$%!!!] such as placing the cgc comic flush against one side of the box and padding the other (how stupid) then obviously even a slight shock on the box will crack the case. In this case the seller is a doufus scrotum and needs to pull money out of his cold dry [#@$%!!!] and make a friken' refund.

Not to get off on a rabbit trail here but I have experienced the above too many times. A cgc comic arrives from the seller. The book is pressed against one side of the priority post office carton (the kind provided for the seller free of charge) and all the packing material is on the other side! The case comes back cracked on the very side that is virtually unprotected. I just want to say to all those who pack like this that you are ignoramouses of the highest order.