• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Lee SDCC 2015

9 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]

They are already for presale on EBay.

Risky but...[/font]

Link...

That's a really cool concept, but the execution seems off.

I wonder if they could've done it in the style Jeff Camp did with the Neal Adams Superman. Only in black & white.

True, the Blue Line is supposed to be "sketch" and the Superman was done "inked" style. But I think it could be adapted, thin gray pencil lines instead of heavy black. Try and nail that Lee Batman look, instead of seemingly random line-work.

I wonder if they could've done it in the style Jeff Camp did with the Neal Adams Superman. Only in black & white.

True, the Blue Line is supposed to be "sketch" and the Superman was done "inked" style. But I think it could be adapted, thin gray pencil lines instead of heavy black. Try and nail that Lee Batman look, instead of seemingly random line-work.

Agree. Cool concept. But I really didn't know what they were trying to accomplish until I read the details.

At first look, I thought they were trying to create a "Tron" Batman :insane:

Agree. Cool concept. But I really didn't know what they were trying to accomplish until I read the details.

:roflmao:

:roflmao:

Looking at these they're actually a re-paint. It's a 'Justice League New 52 Batman' figure, telling by the position of the hands and the piping/lines of the batsuit. Filling in those lines is what gives the Blue Line Exclusive that bizarre 'Tron' look.

11242715_1431392193835399_1237958531_n.jpg

Might be fun to grab one of those for $20 bucks, prime and paint it closer to the Blue Line box-art. hm A custom sketch variant of an exclusive sketch variant. :insane:

review_52jlbats_4.jpgreview_52jlbats_2.jpg