• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niagara Falls ComicCon (Canada) June 5/6/7

27 posts in this topic

I feel bad as I was kindda rushed so I was only there for a few hours. Half the artist's weren't even there yet before I was out the door. Fortunately there wasn't anyone I was dying to get something from so I didn't feel to bad.

Bought 2 Superman statues for a great price (surprisingly) and was home in Buffalo by 12pm

I heard that 5 of the smaller comic shops in the Toronto suburban area closed in the last couple of years. Was there a flood of $1, 50c, 25c comic overstock? :boo:

I was there, I closed my brick and mortar shop last month, I wasn't dumping books.

The owner of 3rd Quadrant was there, he wasn't dumping books, he was running Greg Horn's booth.

Comics and More shut because the owner died, they've already liquidated most of their stock, some of it might have been with some dealers around the room.

That being said, a lot of dealers were undercutting each other on the pricing of novelty items, so there were deals to be found.

Andy had a fantastic setup! Best looking comics booth of the show.

The wife and I had a blast at the show, it was nice to meet Eric (Iceman399) for the first time.

Glad Andy (thirdgreenham) gave me a chance to help him out, it was alot of fun.

Was great to meet you too (hope you can make it to the next BBQ) . Hope you didn't help Andy out too much he wouldn't give me a ride on the trolley at the end of the day.

If anyone doubted Andy had the best booth by far (and his Sunday morning pep talk would turn even the Jacksonville jaguars into winners). Awesome books and great prices... Lack of DC keys though. :P

JL tried to buy books from the parking lot seller.

I took a few pictures... Mainly of the little kiddies in costumes.

Amanda conner was always busy, Phil Hester was very friendly. Finch's were awesome and above all else I had a great time rolling under the table to get out of my fortress.

That being said, a lot of dealers were undercutting each other on the pricing of novelty items, so there were deals to be found.

Andy had a fantastic setup! Best looking comics booth of the show.

Thanks, you guys. That's very nice of you. :foryou: