• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Did anyone see the Amazing man books listed on Pedigree? Some nice low grade copies include a Larson for issue #6.

Oh man, if I didn't already have the Church copy I'd be ALL OVER that Larson A-Man 6.

Don't tell RyanH, but THE classic Eye Sees cover (Keen Detective Funnies # 20) has already been sold - and it's the Larson copy.

HEY! WHATTA LOOKING AT ME FOR!?!

STEVE (making mine Larson)

Well, for *spoon*'s sakes...

Why didn't someone tell me sooner???

Just kidding... Steve, did you snag the Larson KDF #20? If CentaurMan finds out there will be a bloodbath. That is a beaut copy. It would have been tempting to pull the trigger on that one for a grand, its such a nice comic, and a Larson copy yet!!

(its ok Steve... I have the Church KDF #20):

1446163-KDF20lores.jpg

I did just hit the BIN button on the A-MAN #8 (2.0), thank you very much SilverSurfer!! Hopefully the bid goes through ok... that is on my short list!

I DID NOT know about Pedigree comics.... is this new?

1446163-KDF20lores.jpg.4fc656a3b178e7b7d56ba788ce0770e7.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Just kidding... Steve, did you snag the Larson KDF #20? If CentaurMan finds out there will be a bloodbath. That is a beaut copy. It would have been tempting to pull the trigger on that one for a grand, its such a nice comic, and a Larson copy yet!!

I did just hit the BIN button on the A-MAN #8 (2.0), thank you very much SilverSurfer!! Hopefully the bid goes through ok... that is on my short list!

The Church KDF 20 - 893whatthe.gif Now I'm the one who is envious (congrat's, I had no idea you had that book 893applaud-thumb.gif).

Yeah, I got it - if CentaurMan wants a bloodbath, he'll have to come over to my house. My sister weighs 350 lbs and he's going to have to go through HER to get to ME.

Pedigree comics is mainly known as a SA dealer - kudos to Silver Surfer for the heads up.

The Church KDF 20 - 893whatthe.gif Now I'm the one who is envious (congrat's, I had no idea you had that book 893applaud-thumb.gif).

Yeah, I got it - if CentaurMan wants a bloodbath, he'll have to come over to my house. My sister weighs 350 lbs and he's going to have to go through HER to get to ME.

Pedigree comics is mainly known as a SA dealer - kudos to Silver Surfer for the heads up.

Hey Steve,

I only threw that scan in there as that is my only "money" book... it pales in comparison to your collection.

Congratulations on a great find!! That is one "swell" book. What a beauty copy. I'm jealous and I already own one!! Well, my bid on the A-MAN #8 just went through, so I am very happy to land that book! cloud9.gif

I'll second the kudos to SilverSurfer!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

(insert scratchy record of "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" here)

Guys my pleasure as I'm glad to see that these books found good homes. I figured someone here would jump on a few of these.

My only regret is I own most of the cool cover books... would love to buy more at those prices. Someone please buy that A-MAN #11 (purple cover)!!! And that A-MAN #6 is one of my all time fav's... would pick that puppy up if I had the extra $$$. But, very happy with my purchase, SS!! Cheers!

(Steve: please tell me you will be slab-cracking as soon as your book gets to you!!)

Congrats on the pickup, Ryan! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks P5! There are still lots of nice Centaurs on the Pedigree site... Damn! Just when I told myself I was going to slow it down, these types of books show up!! P5 knows what I'm talking about.

Probably paid too much for the A-MAN 8, but its not common, and its the right condition/price range for me, so what the heck!! The only other ones I've seen for sale are real dogs on ebay, or the Mile High copy for $6,000,000.

The blue on that Funny Pages #42 is AMAZING...what year is that book from?

October 1940 - last issue, and the Edgar Church/Mile High copy (and it doesn't disappoint) to boot (I'm still in awe...).

STEVE making mine Larson)

Given that I've got the strength of a man half my size, I'll pass on the tempting offer.

I will say, I picked the worst day to be laid up in bed sick. I'm missing 3 Keen Detective Funnies to finish the full run of 24, and that #20 is one of the three. Obviously, if either of you guys want to move your copy, I've got some very cool stuff I'd trade you for it......

Given that I've got the strength of a man half my size, I'll pass on the tempting offer.

I will say, I picked the worst day to be laid up in bed sick. I'm missing 3 Keen Detective Funnies to finish the full run of 24, and that #20 is one of the three. Obviously, if either of you guys want to move your copy, I've got some very cool stuff I'd trade you for it......

Hope you are feeling better , CM ... I kind of thought you must have been laid up with the avian flu or WORSE, since you seem to have radar for Centaurs! Of course you know that you are my first call if I sell the #20.

I'm not worried. At least I know where a few copies of #20 are. There are some Centaurs where I just flat don't know how to find them even if I wanted to (Jon Berk's copies excluded). #20 exists in decent quantity, but has such a cool cover and is just so cheap in Guide that no one feels compelled to move their copy. Issues like that I end up with one way or another (usually by overpaying in trade).

It's freaking Keen Detective Funnies v1#10 that's going to be the death of me.

KDF is a GA title that I really enjoy, but it just doesn't seem to get that much respect.

Amazing that you're so close to finishing the run CM - I used to have that dream.

I've got a decent grouping of KDFs that I'll pull and scan for the board down the road - they're so cool (especially the 18, 20, and 22, which I now have Larsons on).

Here's one you don't see often . Bought many moons ago.

scan0007.jpg ]

KDF 23 - very tough book. I"ve gathered that you have some of the rarer Centaurs, PH (good eye).

Here's the first Larson I ever purchased from Joe Tricarchi...and I've been in love ever since. It's KDF 2/10, Ben Thompson cover (Thompson is perhaps better known for his Kazar feature in Marvel Mystery, though I prefer his Masked Marvel work).

100_1147.jpg

STEVE (made mine Larson)