• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Am I supposed to think, "Three Stooges"?

Look at the eye-poke on the left.

Jack

"Pick two"

....here is an esoteric Centaur......nicely drawn......

1478362-starandstripe4.jpg

That is kind of a fun book Jon. I like the Evel Knievel suits!

Am I supposed to think, "Three Stooges"?

Look at the eye-poke on the left.

Jack

"Pick two"

....here is an esoteric Centaur......nicely drawn......

1478362-starandstripe4.jpg

That is kind of a fun book Jon. I like the Evel Knievel suits!

27_laughing.gif

As threatened - uh, I mean promised - here come the Larson copies of Keen Detective Funnies 18 through 22. Enjoy...

Steve, what happened to the magic camera? Those Larsons look great, but it's not the same without the blinding reflective shine on the covers from the flash, along with the requisite blue carpet background.

Here is another Stars and Stripes, which I don't think has been posted yet:

1478709-StarsStripes3%28CA%29%282%29.JPG

1478709-StarsStripes3(CA)(2).JPG.884d893a5b4b1bf9eb9dee69ce81ad16.JPG

Edited by RareHighGrade

bumpit.gif

This thread is too good to leave untouched for very long!

This just arrived... it was a banner week for GA!! From Comic Heaven ... a long wait, but worth it. The Cosmic Aeroplane copy (whats the story behind this pedigree?)

Love the cover!! does anyone know if this is Tarpe Mills only golden age cover? I don't think she actually did any of the Miss Fury covers for Timely...

893applaud-thumb.gif

1492155-funnypages3%3A9POST.jpg

589a8dbd74474_1492155-funnypages39POST.jpg.5e3b1eea56ca6a7ff937375589afc72d.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Very nice!

Cosmic Aeroplane was named after the store that sold the books. They came from an art instructor so you'll occasionally see flecks of paint on the cover. The speculation is that the checks on the cover and interior pages mark panels of particular interest. There should be more information on Matt Nelson's site.

Very nice!

Cosmic Aeroplane was named after the store that sold the books. They came from an art instructor so you'll occasionally see flecks of paint on the cover. The speculation is that the checks on the cover and interior pages mark panels of particular interest. There should be more information on Matt Nelson's site.

Thanks AS! That clears up the question I forgot to ask.. that is, what up with all the numbering and check marks inside? That is so cool they came form an art instructor's collection... myself being a commercial artist.

I'll check out Matt's site! Thanks again.

(Point Five made a funny!)

Very nice!

Thanks AS! That clears up the question I forgot to ask.. that is, what up with all the numbering and check marks inside? That is so cool they came form an art instructor's collection... myself being a commercial artist.

I'll check out Matt's site! Thanks again.

(Point Five made a funny!)

I'm not an artist but I'll admit that I think the check marks are cool!

As threatened - uh, I mean promised - here come the Larson copies of Keen Detective Funnies 18 through 22. Enjoy...

Steve, what happened to the magic camera? Those Larsons look great, but it's not the same without the blinding reflective shine on the covers from the flash, along with the requisite blue carpet background.

Nice book & an Amazing-Man cover too..........I WANT ONE!!!

My bad - I got lazy and didn't take the books out of the mylar. sorry.gif

Hey! Hey YOU! Is that the Larson copy??

<cue best James Cagney voice> "Why you dirty rat....)

Finally, I can cross this Keen Detective Funnies off my want list! Not as nice as the pedigrees shown in this thread, but as a completionist that doesn't bother me too much.

keendetective20.jpg

Only a couple of very early KDF issues left and I'm done with the whole run.