• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

I can't imagine what you find repellant about a boy vomiting tomatoes into a large tub while a pig-girl in a pilgrim hat considers impaling him with a piñata on a stick. Seems like a favorite cover theme.

The owl with Mercedes Benz eyes likes it!

Jack

27_laughing.gif I just spewed coffee all over my keyboard! sign-funnypost.gif

I can't imagine what you find repellant about a boy vomiting tomatoes into a large tub while a pig-girl in a pilgrim hat considers impaling him with a piñata on a stick. Seems like a favorite cover theme.

The owl with Mercedes Benz eyes likes it!

Jack

I can live with the vomit, but is that a coin firing out of his backside?!? 893whatthe.gif

Nah, just his pants' button popping out as he is bending. Think Spencer Tracy in Father of the Bride.

Nice pick up! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm telling you, these Centaurs can be addictive. And they're not that expensive, especially considering their scarcity and importance.

I generally like the late Centaur covers with the sidebar, despite the picture being smaller. Here are some other examples:

amazingman20.jpg

amazingman18.jpg

maskedmarvel3.jpg

superspy2.jpg

fantoman4.jpg

Nice pick up! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm telling you, these Centaurs can be addictive. And they're not that expensive, especially considering their scarcity and importance.

I generally like the late Centaur covers with the sidebar, despite the picture being smaller. Here are some other examples:

As usual...... 893whatthe.gif Killer books Win.

It's obviously low grade, but it is a fun book.

I just wish that my low grade books looked as nice as this one. Great pick-up 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Scrooge. It has nice eye appeal and cover gloss, but it has its share of spine defects. The pages are nice, and for less than $100 it was a no-brainer.

I know it's got the story, but does it have the character anywhere in the story? I don't remember if he showed up in the last panel or not.

Yes. He is in the last panel. Yes, this is the first published appearance. Yes, it was the first chapter of a muli-installment story. Jon

amazingman20.jpg

I've got a copy of this book as well, and there are just so many interesting qualities to the cover: the logo itself, the hooded-menance, the scratch marks, the bullet-thru-the-throat, the men dangling from the rocket..... cloud9.gif

Yeah, I love this series. People see #1 and #5 quite a bit, but the middle three issues are much scarcer. Here's #3:

detectivepicture3.jpg

hello all...

wow win, great stuff!...keep them coming

rick