• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I'm not comicjack but I've got a decent 20

IMG_4259.JPG

:golfclap:Killer copy sir! That cover, from the saber tooth , to the hooded menace on the screen, to the rocket with the people hanging from it, to the blood drawing scratch, and the babe with a gun is just incredible! 

Wasnt on my radar during the Berk auction, but I tell you, as satisfied as I am with my wins then, had It been, it'd be in my collection now.

:jaws:

2 hours ago, sagii said:

:golfclap:Killer copy sir! That cover, from the saber tooth , to the hooded menace on the screen, to the rocket with the people hanging from it, to the blood drawing scratch, and the babe with a gun is just incredible! 

Wasnt on my radar during the Berk auction, but I tell you, as satisfied as I am with my wins then, had It been, it'd be in my collection now.

:jaws:

Has so much going on and often overlooked by the Aman 22 and 26 maybe with Gator's post more seekers will jump in :)

42 minutes ago, circumstances said:

mine is a claire moe copy as well. not sure if i knew there were duplicates.

I can't recall if there were duplicates in the original J&S Comics ad in CBG.

Where did you get your copy from?

On 9/9/2017 at 10:06 AM, Johnny545 said:
On 7/26/2017 at 3:04 PM, Johnny545 said:

My win from the JB auction showed up, lot of red and yellow in here need some Blue...

WU9hDOb.jpg?2

Finally added a blue one, was happy with the colors.  The HA scan looked washed out to me.  Much richer colors in hand:

awWYbXJ.jpg?1

When you said that you needed some blue, I thought for sure that you had meant the AMF V2#4 Sand Hogs cover.  lol

Congrats on adding to your color spectrum as this blue cover copy is also certainly very nice and right up there.  (thumbsu

On 9/16/2017 at 7:57 AM, comicjack said:
On 9/16/2017 at 7:54 AM, sacentaur said:

Last one for now, I paid $15 for this...

FP1938.png

You over paid  lol

+1

Most definitely so if this book was purchased for $15 smackers back in April of 1938.  :bigsmile:

Not so much some 40 odd years later though.  :takeit:

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

When you said that you needed some blue, I thought for sure that you had meant the AMF V2#4 Sand Hogs cover.  lol

Congrats on adding to your color spectrum as this blue cover copy is also certainly very nice and right up there.  (thumbsu

Everett covers only for me so no sand hog, but thank you!

10 minutes ago, circumstances said:

From that CBG ad.

Very interesting - it's been so long, I can't recall of if there were dupes in the ad or not. 

Jon Berk or Michael Music may recall better than me, they got more books than I did (only 10).

I do recall the book being listed as VF/NM, so it's nice to have it CGC at the same grade.

Is your copy graded (or if raw, what would it grade at)?

Edited by sacentaur

5 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Very interesting - it's been so long, I can't recall of if there were dupes in the ad or not. 

Jon Berk or Michael Music may recall better than me, they got more books than I did (only 10).

I do recall the book being listed as VF/NM, so it's nice to have it CGC at the same grade.

Is your copy graded (or if raw, what would it grade at)?

it's not graded. i believe it was listed VF/NM as well. it would probably get somewhere in the 9's, i'd guess.