• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doc Strange 169 - room to grow?

34 posts in this topic

Are you following me? ???

No. This isn't Facebook. Would you like to be followed? You'll have to find someone else to do it.

Well you seem to find my posts and respond to them quite a bit, so I really think you are... Kinda weird.

Maybe you're paranoid?

I am paranoid because you keep following me.

This isn't Facebook. Would you like to be followed? You'll have to find someone else to do it.

And you don't think it's important to mention that, while at the same time telling someone about "growth potential"? Is there only an upside to be mentioned, and no downside?

As I stated, I don't think it is my responsibility to point out everything. Technically this is a site for adults (at least I think it is) and everyone is responsible for themselves. The OP asked a question and I didn't provide additional unsolicited information beyond answering the question.

Yes, and I responded with my own comments about what you had to say...which, of course, was solicited by the OP when he said "opinions appreciated!" You offered your opinion, I offered mine. Why make issues out of nothing?

If all I did was go around providing huge amounts of unsolicited advice to people under the guise of "helping them" or some sense of misconstrued duty - well I would do nothing else all day long. Come to think of it, I would be exactly like you. :makepoint: That makes me a little sad for you. :cry:

The greater issue, here, is why you lack sufficient emotional control to handle anyone challenging what you say without resorting to derogatory personal remarks. If you can't handle being challenged, you might want to find a place where there isn't anyone to challenge you.

You didn't just give your opinion, you started an argument with me and then insinuated I did something wrong. You are the one creating issues RMA. You come into a thread, twist the discussion and create issues. You are the problem, you go looking for fights - everyday all-day.

Maybe you should find a place where you like the way people respond to your "challenges," because you sure aren't welcome around here.

But please, continue to tell me (and everyone else) what is wrong with them, what they are missing, or fail to understand or whatever else your delusional mind can come up with.

DS169 is a cool book with a really great cover, but for me, that's kind of where it ends, and I feel that way about most if not all of the 1968 reboot titles (IM 1, IH 102, IMSM 1, SM 1, Cap 100, NF 1).

Find a nice clean 6.0 and put the others into an Avengers 1 if that's what you're looking to do. I think the ceiling is somewhat low on the DS 169, but that doesn't mean it's not a great book that you can enjoy.

No Silver Surfer #1...? :(

All the 1968 first issues are neato, and relatively inexpensive. I wish they were all #1s, but that was a remnant of the old Second Class postage days.

At least to me, Surfer is a little bit different. SS #1 is a true number 1 issue, since SS hadn't had solo stories featured monthly in anthology titles like the rest of the 1968 reboot crew did.

I like all of the 1968 reboot books too. Some great covers, and they have the cool #1 factor going for them. But I'm ok with the 169, 102, 100 thing.....

You didn't just give your opinion, you started an argument with me and then insinuated I did something wrong. You are the one creating issues RMA. You come into a thread, twist the discussion and create issues. You are the problem, you go looking for fights - everyday all-day.

You have created a scenario in your mind that does not exist. No one insinuated that you did anything wrong, nor started an argument with you, only that the idea that currently permeates this board....that "comic prices can only go up!"...is a risky, dangerous one. You are hardly the only person who has made this implication in one form or another.

Nothing has been twisted, and no one is looking for a fight.

If you lack the emotional control to handle being challenged without making derogatory personal comments, you should go somewhere where you won't be challenged.

Maybe you should find a place where you like the way people respond to your "challenges," because you sure aren't welcome around here.

That is your opinion, and it is not an opinion shared by everyone, or even most, or even many. But I'm not going to make the same derogatory personal comments about you, because 1. that's a violation of board rules, whether you imagine that to be the case or not, and 2. it serves no good purpose.

So why do you keep doing it? Eventually, it's going to catch up to you, and the mods will take you out.

But please, continue to tell me (and everyone else) what is wrong with them, what they are missing, or fail to understand or whatever else your delusional mind can come up with.

And you have once again turned yet another thread into a personal grudge-fest. You are completely incapable of controlling your emotions, and as a result, you see me responding to a comment as "following" you, and challenging your comments as "telling you what is wrong with you."

Who is the real problem, here...?

DS169 is a cool book with a really great cover, but for me, that's kind of where it ends, and I feel that way about most if not all of the 1968 reboot titles (IM 1, IH 102, IMSM 1, SM 1, Cap 100, NF 1).

Find a nice clean 6.0 and put the others into an Avengers 1 if that's what you're looking to do. I think the ceiling is somewhat low on the DS 169, but that doesn't mean it's not a great book that you can enjoy.

No Silver Surfer #1...? :(

All the 1968 first issues are neato, and relatively inexpensive. I wish they were all #1s, but that was a remnant of the old Second Class postage days.

At least to me, Surfer is a little bit different. SS #1 is a true number 1 issue, since SS hadn't had solo stories featured monthly in anthology titles like the rest of the 1968 reboot crew did.

I like all of the 1968 reboot books too. Some great covers, and they have the cool #1 factor going for them. But I'm ok with the 169, 102, 100 thing.....

All seven of them are very cool. I'm with you on the SS #1...it WAS the only completely new superhero title that Marvel created between 1964 (DD) and 1972 (Defenders), after all. It was unique among the stars!

Dude, you are the problem. You will never see it, you refuse to acknowledge it, but you are most definitely the problem. It is just so sad.

:sigh:

Whatever.

Yes, rfoiii, I'm the problem. Not the guy who goes around on a crusade, making sure everyone knows how much he can't stand me, and thinks everyone else shouldn't, either.

Tilt on, Don Quixote. Meanwhile, do let it go. Stop ruining other people's threads with your grudge-fest.

Dude, you are the problem. You will never see it, you refuse to acknowledge it, but you are most definitely the problem. It is just so sad.

Whatever.

Yes, rfoiii, I'm the problem. Not the guy who goes around on a crusade, making sure everyone knows how much he can't stand me, and thinks everyone else shouldn't, either.

Tilt on, Don Quixote. Meanwhile, do let it go. Stop ruining other people's threads with your grudge-fest.

Who came in where and ruined the thread? You. You. You. Time and time again. You, you, you.

Can't you just stop?

Whatever.

Who came in where and ruined the thread? You. You. You. Time and time again. You, you, you.

lzveq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Whatever.

lzveq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Geez, you go to bed for a few hours and come back to this.

I do thank you all for your opinions, but having the trawl through 2 pages of you arguing with each other is not cool, on both of your sides. You should both be embarrassed and take this stuff to your own threads.

Either way, Avengers 1 is not for investment, it's a book I have always wanted, and thought it would make sense to take advantage of this price spike to get me a bit closer. I just didn't want to sell them now to be able to put $500 towards the new book, when waiting a couple more months means I could put $600 towards the book.

Guess I will posting shortly in the For Sale forum!

All the best,

Paul

I do thank you all for your opinions, but having the trawl through 2 pages of you arguing with each other is not cool, on both of your sides. You should both be embarrassed and take this stuff to your own threads.

I'm sorry your thread was derailed, but you really ought to use a little more discernment about just how and why it was derailed. I agree with you...someone ought to be embarrassed.

Good luck with your sale.

I'm sorry your thread was derailed, but you really ought to use a little more discernment about just how and why it was derailed. I agree with you...someone ought to be embarrassed.

Did you really just scold the OP for being frustrated with BOTH of us for what happened?

You have zero class.

Did you really just scold the OP for being frustrated with BOTH of us for what happened?

You have zero class.

Why would anyone else accept blame that rightfully belongs to you? By your reasoning, the US was just as much to blame as Germany for WWII, because they were "both fighting."

People have complained that I "don't let it go." Compared to rfoiii, I'm a rank amateur.