• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much would you pay to get new comics in "raw" 9.8 condition?

42 posts in this topic

IMHO anyone willing to pay more for a raw 9.8 candidate on the week of release is throwing their money away.

Most comics will never be worth the money you paid for them in the first place. Try reselling your 9.8 raw books later and see who actually wants them.

Even collectors that are careful handling books will occasionally damage them. Years from now when you want to get rid of your collection, you will be very disappointed on the loss you will take selling them.

Save the money you would've spent on your new raw 9.8 books and buy a key graded comic.

Just don't buy comics.

I buy new raw 9.8 books at my LCS :baiting:

Before I knew of CGC I would pick out what I thought were NM comics at comic shops. That was comics that were never at the front. Usually a few comics back. I would always go on Wednesdays too. Less people picking through and casually reading comics. I don't know why you would pay premium when you could do it yourself.

Online the higher priced variants and normal comics that I get usually show up in 9.8 or 9.6 condition. Anything major and it goes back as for the most part anything lower than a 9.6 probably won't be NM. At least that I've seen. I'm talking corner damage or spine stress. The modern comics I've sent to CGC have all been 9.8.