• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vintage Marvel Star Wars Cover for Auction

9 posts in this topic

As a big SW original series collector, this is incredible. I never knew Carmine did double duty drawing covers and art for the American series and also covers for the British series. Very cool.

As a big SW original series collector, this is incredible. I never knew Carmine did double duty drawing covers and art for the American series and also covers for the British series. Very cool.

Thanks sir! He did several of them - it's pretty amazing he was able to pull it off, especially considering they hit shelves about the same time as the US series.

Thanks sir! He did several of them - it's pretty amazing he was able to pull it off, especially considering they hit shelves about the same time as the US series.

Really cool. How did you come across this one?

Really cool. How did you come across this one?

Grabbed it about 8 years ago with some other art in a trade. I think Comiclink had another UK Cover for sale a while back, but I don't remember if it was Infantino or not.

I owned this cover at one point years ago. The one thing that should be noted is that the image of Luke doesn't match to the printed version:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-56-STAR-WARS-WEEKLY-vintage-MARVEL-comic-magazine-/390902664053?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b039d4b75

It appears there used to be a stat over the image that is now showing. I actually prefer the original version better, but one of the editors obviously didn't feel the same way.