• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Four Color 191 (Porky Pig Cover 6/1948)

7 posts in this topic

PGM Four Color 191. Please note the crease on the lower right corner of the front cover. I was really happy when I pulled it out of the box as I don't see books from the 1940s that present that well until I looked down and saw the crease.

IMG_zpsb8xiezdc.jpg

IMG_0002_zpsvaqfvlbt.jpg

Thanks but I must say I am a little surprised that it was that low based on the crease, and a few other defects like the corner and then the top edge.

Just so I know, is it the crease on the lower right corner of the front cover that brought it down to that or was there something big I missed?

You didn't miss anything. That is a sweet book and presents really well.

I think you a have a minimum 6.5 there.

I say that based on a Spider Man I had that had a 5" color breaking crease

on the cover that otherwise looked NM- and CGC gave it a 6.0.

NICE COPY!

Thanks, of the 2 books posted I thought this was the higher grade book, but the consensus seems that the other one is actually somewhat higher. Always interesting to get outside opinions. For the record I would have graded the other one a 6.0/6.5 and this one a 7.0 but the consensus seems to be the opposite.

Thanks for the opinions guys and any others that want to way in. (thumbs u :applause: