• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League: Mortal (2009) - the documentary

34 posts in this topic

I'm not pushing them together, they're naturally high and tight.

Gal isn't exactly exuding boob.

I posted the same thing about Gal when she was rumored to be cast.

WW is supposed to be a goddess. These women, while attractive...are not.

In the -script, Maxwell Lord (Jay Baruchel) takes control of Superman's (D.J. Cotrona) mind and forces him to engage his team-mates in combat. This battle with Wonder Woman (Megan Gale) would have happened towards the end of the film, just before Batman (Armie Hammer) snaps Lord's neck!

AmNB0Oi.jpg

Bj2TcZ5.jpg

UocwzjB.jpg

QSBV95v.jpg

C0idsKf.jpg

t5RjR4H.jpg

First Posters For George Miller’s Justice League Mortal Documentary

Purberry Productions are hoping to follow in the footsteps of The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? by delving into the mystery surrounding another of Warner Bros.’s aborted DC projects in Mad Max: Fury Road director George Miller’s Justice League Mortal, and a trio of posters have arrived online for the doc, featuring Superman, Batman and Green Lantern…

‘Justice League’ Movie Documentary Waiting on WB Approval

After being encouraged by certain producers originally associated with Mortal, Unicomb has reached out to the studio, inquiring about permission to use concept art and costume designs to give the audience an idea of what the film might have looked like. In an interview he did with If.com.au, the documentarian stated he’s already begun preliminary research and interviews with various comic book industry professionals, and he plans to move forward with more interviews from the producers and actors who were cast in the film. Unicomb has even secured help from Indiegogo, with the intent to crowd fund the project with a sponsored campaign. The only thing he’s waiting on is an official “okay” from Warner Bros.

When questioned about his motivations for bringing the documentary to life, Unicomb is quoted as saying he has a particular goal in mind:

“…to celebrate the genius of George Miller and the amazing artists who worked tirelessly to bring the production’s vision to fruition, while we also examine the cultural immortality of the Justice League characters across all forms of media.”

I wonder what happened with this documentary. Meanwhile...

George Miller Explains Why His Justice League Movie Fell Through

Mad Max creator George Miller nearly made Justice League: Mortal back in 2009, a film that would have brought the team together against Maxwell Lord and Brother Eye.

Why didn't it work out? Well, a lot of reasons, including a writers' strike, conflicts between Miller and the studio over where to film and more...but Miller has a new take on the film's failure to launch in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter.

"I really was attracted to it. But there was a writers strike looming," Miller explained. "We had to cast it very quickly, which we did with Warner's casting people. And we cast it really quickly and we mounted it very quickly. And it depended on a start date and it depended on some basic rebate legislation that had just got through a new Australian government. But it was just too big a decision for them to make in the time. And that fell through and the whole film fell through. We almost got there. And it wasn't to be. But that happens a lot, where films line up and the stars look like they're aligning and they didn't."

I don't think this documentary ever reached the light of day. But here is an event where they did a live table reading of the entire Justice League: Mortal -script.

TxeAxI6.jpg

Armie Hammer Stole a 'Justice League: Mortal' -script

Armie Hammer was once going to be Batman. He was to star in Justice League: Mortal, directed by Mad Max’s George Miller.

The movie fell apart, but Hammer took a souvenir with him. Hammer says he was able to sneak out a copy of the -script when the studio collected related materials.

“Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, they built a whole functioning suit that had hydraulics and worked and had microphones all through the suit so I could hear everything happening around me,” Hammer said of his experience. “100 percent function because we had $300 million to do it, kinda like the budget we had on the movie

“But yeah it was amazing we were down in Australia for like a month or two months doing shoots, doing rehearsals in the suits, all the characters in their suits, and then we get a call one day from the producers saying we need everyone to come in and bring all of your materials, bring your scripts, bring your notes, bring everything, and we were like 'ok, ok' and we show up. They had big bins and they were like 'Put it all in here' and I was like 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, sure.' I quickly snuck a CD out of my computer put it in my back pocket turned it all in and I managed to basically steal a -script but other than that I had nothing to show for it. I’m sure there's pictures floating around somewhere with all of us in our costumes but yeah you know the tax budget all kinda went away in Australia and then the government had a huge reform and they sent us home.”

Edited by Bosco685