• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to protect your raw comics when shipping or moving?

35 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'll be moving soon again and I was wondering how do you protect your raw comics other than bags and boards because I put mine in a box last time and they got banged up so I don't want to do that again and I'd appreciate any help :)

I just roll'em up like a newspaper and put them in my back pocket...

:jokealert:

Seriously though... Bagged and boarded... Long/short box... And carefully handled... Has always worked for me when moving (thumbs u

I just roll'em up like a newspaper and put them in my back pocket...

:jokealert:

Seriously though... Bagged and boarded... Long/short box... And carefully handled... Has always worked for me when moving (thumbs u

do the comics move around a lot in a short box?

Books should normally be tight in a box, you don't want them rolling forward and back. I keep old boards as spacers on the ends, both to keep them tight, and to prevent my fingers from denting the books when I grab the handles.

Books should normally be tight in a box, you don't want them rolling forward and back. I keep old boards as spacers on the ends, both to keep them tight, and to prevent my fingers from denting the books when I grab the handles.

that's one of my other problems I have about 30 raw comics only.

Your raw comics are only as well protected as the quality of your bags and boards.

If they are worth protecting, use good quality bags and boards.

I use Mylar Archives and Fullbacks exclusively. You really have to work hard to get books damage in those.

Proper bags and boards in a proper box should be sufficient unless you are dropping boxes or shipping them.

Your raw comics are only as well protected as the quality of your bags and boards.

If they are worth protecting, use good quality bags and boards.

I use Mylar Archives and Fullbacks exclusively. You really have to work hard to get books damage in those.

Proper bags and boards in a proper box should be sufficient unless you are dropping boxes or shipping them.

we'll be putting them in a trailer and taking them with us is that what you meant?

I wrap mine in a parisian crepe filled with pico de gallo sauce!

sounds like you're yanking our chain, then.

Then all you need to do is read this:

How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad

-just don't mail it. :)

If the distance isn't too far, I'd suggest you make 15 trips with one comic in each hand. Further distances may require additional trips.

30 trips with one comic only per trip, that way you can keep both hands on the comic being moved.

Plus an armed guard in case anyone comes up and tries to snatch the comic.

Maybe you could have the city close off the streets you will be traveling on.

First a series of police cars and armored vehicles moving slowly, followed by uchiha101 walking down the center of the street, carrying his book in both hands, with another line of police cars bring up the rear.

Kind of like how they do presidential motorcades.

That sounds safe

When I moved across the country, I just taped my long boxes shut and put them in the Uhaul in a way they wouldn't fall or get crushed. One box did roll somehow, but it was taped shut and fine.

If you only have 30 books though, I'm not sure the problem (shrug) Is it that they don't fit tight in a short box? If that is the case, you can fill the short box with trade paperbacks or unused boards. You could even go to the comic store and fill it with dollar books for pretty cheap... And you'd triple your collection.

If the distance isn't too far, I'd suggest you make 15 trips with one comic in each hand. Further distances may require additional trips.

30 trips with one comic only per trip, that way you can keep both hands on the comic being moved.

Plus an armed guard in case anyone comes up and tries to snatch the comic.

Maybe you could have the city close off the streets you will be traveling on.

First a series of police cars and armored vehicles moving slowly, followed by uchiha101 walking down the center of the street, carrying his book in both hands, with another line of police cars bring up the rear.

Kind of like how they do presidential motorcades.

That sounds safe

I just moved 650 miles and it felt like I went this route.

If you only have 30 raw books, trade some of them for a big bag of weed & 2 tanks of gas & the rest of them for snacks. You'll enjoy the trip more, it'll cover the fuel expense, and you'll have snacks for when you get the munchies 30 minutes into the trip.

Then all you need to do is read this:

How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad

-just don't mail it. :)

ok thanks I'll give it a try :)

When I moved across the country, I just taped my long boxes shut and put them in the Uhaul in a way they wouldn't fall or get crushed. One box did roll somehow, but it was taped shut and fine.

If you only have 30 books though, I'm not sure the problem (shrug) Is it that they don't fit tight in a short box? If that is the case, you can fill the short box with trade paperbacks or unused boards. You could even go to the comic store and fill it with dollar books for pretty cheap... And you'd triple your collection.

Thanks I'll try that out