• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In from the cold...

44 posts in this topic

I have been so inspired by everyone on this board that I decided recently to go out into the wild and try to score some barn fresh books.

I have driven all over a 2 state region only to have people no-show, or want a mint for poor books. It is very difficult for me to walk away but I have done a lot of driving and precious little buying.

So, a guy posted online that he would be selling some comics in his community center parking lot for $3 each. Best of all, he was only 2 miles from my house.

I went in to work early so that I could leave a little early, and to my surprise I was the only person who showed up.

Most of the books I bought were in better than expected shape. The pictures that follow represent about half of what I bought. He was a real gentleman, and was kind enough to give me a volume discount.

Thanks to all you boardies for the continuous inspiration.

Best of all, he loved my wife and said that when he comes across more comics I will be the first person he calls.

Ultimately, it is nice to have these out of a storage bin and into a personal collection where they will be cared for.

Now, I have leads on 2 storage locker collections. If I could only get those guys to answer my calls.

Many thanks again to all of you in the community.

You don't know me, but I have enjoyed your company on these boards all the same.