• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake CGC graded comic?

26 posts in this topic

So the CGC label was attached to the inner well?

That's how they all are. There is a sonic weld of the label at the top of the inner well. The very top is open.

So the CGC label was attached to the inner well?

That's how they all are. There is a sonic weld of the label at the top of the inner well. The very top is open.

Yup, it's a magazine sized inner well.

The reason CGC only 'guarantees' the grade when the inner well is sealed in an outer well is because people can tamper with the labels.

no

Which I don't understand, as I have offered you cash or trade for them in the past.

No you haven't. Sorry. Let me know what your offer is, as I've just started a new pile tonight.

I love reusing the opened slabs for my better raws but I never try to sell them this way. I think I once shipped a raw in a cracked CGC slab for better protection during shipping. Why do people throw them away ? I would think they are worth at least 5.00 each, not counting the fact that if I use it on a raw, that is one less mylar I need.