• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink shipping policy just plain stinks!

50 posts in this topic

I like ComicLink and I've been buying and selling books on there for the last year or so but their shipping cost just seem stupid. I found out in my first auction that the shipping is $20 for 1 - 10 slabs and $30 for 11 - 20 slabs which is a great deal for 10 slabs but terrible for a couple so it pushes me to make sure I'm bidding strong enough to win at least a few slabs.

Wow, you US-based shipping cost whiners should be forced to live outside the USA for awhile, then you might appreciate your situation a bit more.

If I could get up to 10 slabs shipped flat-rate for $20, I'd think I was in heaven.

Yup. You guys don't know how good you have it.

USPS is still dirt cheap, super fast and super reliable when shipping within the US.

Every cost should be eaten by the seller. Shipping/paypal/paying the customers sales tax.

After all it is just a hobby.

:screwy:

I feel like drinking a Starbuck's latte while reading my purchase from you. I think you should pay for the latte.

In defense of Clink, the do use a brand new box and a generous amount of packing peanuts as well as a fresh bubble mailer.

..and the alternative would be...?

if you have ever bought a slab on ebay then you know that you do not get a comparably packaged book. I'm clearly stating that clink does not cut corners with shipping.

Point taken.

I'm just saying there's a ceiling on how much credit I give to a company for doing things the right way. Or, put another way, not doing it the wrong way.

I like ComicLink and I've been buying and selling books on there for the last year or so but their shipping cost just seem stupid. I found out in my first auction that the shipping is $20 for 1 - 10 slabs and $30 for 11 - 20 slabs which is a great deal for 10 slabs but terrible for a couple so it pushes me to make sure I'm bidding strong enough to win at least a few slabs.

Wow, you US-based shipping cost whiners should be forced to live outside the USA for awhile, then you might appreciate your situation a bit more.

If I could get up to 10 slabs shipped flat-rate for $20, I'd think I was in heaven.

USPS is still dirt cheap, super fast and super reliable when shipping within the US.

What does USPS have to with this?

Clink uses FedEx

What does USPS have to with this?

Clink uses FedEx

Ah, speed read and missed that.

It's still way more expensive to ship to Canada than within the US in my experience. $20 is a pittance. Like JC said, I wish I could only pay $20 to have something shipped to me from the US (where most of the world's comic books come from).

Cost me $45 for 1-3 graded books.
Is that because it is FedEx? It's only $20 or so for me. I think I got 6 slabs last go-around, and it was about $20ish.

Is that because it is FedEx? It's only $20 or so for me. I think I got 6 slabs last go-around, and it was about $20ish.
Plus he doesn't live in the continental US.

xoxo

greggy

For US bidders,

I always pay the exact amounts what I have won excluded the shipping cost.

They knew me that I was going to bid few more books on next auction.

For example, I won one book in April Auction then I won four more books in May Auction. I paid only $20 shipping. They combined and shipped all books. Have done that for three years without the incident.

Be advised. (thumbs u

Maybe it does same thing for International bidders.

Plus he doesn't live in the continental US.

xoxo

greggy

Yeah, got that. Never saw that with USPS, and all these "companies" collude as far as delivery and shipping - seems really out of whack.

Could you translate that to English?

For US bidders,

For example, I won one book in April Auction then I won four more books in May Auction. I paid only $20 shipping. They combined and shipped all books. Have done that for three years without the incident.

Be advised. (thumbs u

..... it can fluctuate based on the insured value of the books IIRC...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have no complaints with what they charge for postage, but they seem to be shipping very slowly lately. I don't know if it's caused by an increase in the volume of books they are selling.

Could you translate that to English?

For US bidders,

I translated it for you. If I ended up with only one book after the auction ends, I decided to pay for the book only. They know that I will bid for few more books in the next auction. I won four more books. I paid $20 shipping for five books. Much cheaper than $15 shipping for a single book.

How was my translation?

I have no complaints with what they charge for postage, but they seem to be shipping very slowly lately. I don't know if it's caused by an increase in the volume of books they are selling.
I'm old an patient. Haven't noticed it.

..... it can fluctuate based on the insured value of the books IIRC...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:sorry:

For US bidders,

Be advised. (thumbs u

Yes, they did for me over a few times in the past. Great value for several slabs/raws shipped. I'm in Canada - yes, but I pick up over the border and bring them with me home.

For US bidders,

Be advised. (thumbs u

Yes, they did for me over a few times in the past. Great value for several slabs/raws shipped. I'm in Canada - yes, but I pick up over the border and bring them with me home.

Clink is in Maine and you are on the other side of this continent. How did you pick them up?

For US bidders,

Be advised. (thumbs u

Clink is in Maine and you are on the other side of this continent. How did you pick them up?

Fanboy's a Canadian Necromancer.

For US bidders,

Be advised. (thumbs u

Fanboy's a Canadian Necromancer.

Wished I have it.

For US bidders,

Be advised. (thumbs u

It's called an US PO Box.