• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is the MOST you spent on a book?

Whats the MOST you spent on one Comic book?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the MOST you spent on one Comic book?

57 posts in this topic

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok,what i will say is i spent ALOT more than steve borock did..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On one book? What was it?

Steve, please tell me you're being sarcastic!

I'm assuming it's Action #1, but I have no idea when he bought it. If he bought it twenty years ago, I'm sure he wouldn't have paid over $100K. So maybe it was something else that he bought in the past five years.

Has he said the book and the price in another thread that I missed? I haven't followed all the Action #1 threads since it's not a book on my want list (at this time). grin.gif

you wouldnt believe me if i told you ,so ill refrain from it...

I would believe you. smile.gif

Considering Steve Borock spent over $100K many years ago for More Fun #52 Mile High, and KNEW it had RESTORATION, nobody else buying a book has more balls in my opinion.

Beschara spent almost 200K on the restored Church Superman#1 back then too!

Quote:

ok,what i will say is i spent ALOT more than steve borock did..

On one book? What was it?

Steve, please tell me you're being sarcastic!

I'm assuming it's Action #1, but I have no idea when he bought it. If he bought it twenty years ago, I'm sure he wouldn't have paid over $100K. So maybe it was something else that he bought in the past five years.

Has he said the book and the price in another thread that I missed? I haven't followed all the Action #1 threads since it's not a book on my want list (at this time). grin.gif

He posted a picture of at least 25 GA books he sold off to afford an unrestored Action 1. I think he said it was a 6.5. It was an interesting thread, you should check it out...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=gold&Number=786427&page=2&fpart=1

Last week my Giant Size X-men 1 cgc 9.2 arrived from Metro - I got it for $1250.00 it felt really weird (and still does) that I spent over a grand for a comic.

But seeing as I raised the money by selling off some of my vinyl records that I didn't want any more my conscience is clear.

I keep looking at it (imprisoned in its slab) wondering if I should crack it open and read the original printing of this great story..........

The most I've ever spent was 800 dollars for BATMAN #47. I've traded more and had books that were more valuable, but purchased them when prices were much lower.

Most I ever spent for a comic was 1500.00 - course, i no longer buy comics....

Then why do you have the high bid on an Atom 14 right now?

Matches the cover that he owns? confused-smiley-013.gif