• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Western Magazines 1930s and 1940s

11 posts in this topic

I know nothing about these, I am a comic book golden age collector and came across these. If anyone has any insight if any of these are rarer than others I would be much appreciative. Thanks

DFFF4E80-13A8-49C6-90B0-5814702060B0_zpsg1cvoep1.jpg

70C54A70-E705-420C-84B1-2222B88E192F_zpsjbxctzkr.jpg

C63031EB-48C6-4FBE-BC53-DCC4AAB0DB62_zps26vdyhu2.jpg

B4EB955D-A3A7-49D4-9B98-B34BCF112B75_zpsvht4vz2m.jpg

2BBFBD66-028B-4080-AC80-821550A97135_zpsghuspjmw.jpg

Low grade western pulps tend to have very little value unless they contain work by a famous author or have lurid covers ( like Spicy Western). Though if you're starting them in lots for 99 cents they should sell.

With such a niche audience, I would think the better way to go would be to price them out rather than hoping that two or more buyers are actively looking for these items during the week your auctions will run.

hm

These don't really have a lot of value. Spicey Western and ones with good girl art are OK. Also a few of them have good writers. Western Pulps are kind of like western comics. The audience for them is diminishing daily. Sorry... By the way where did you get them?

Thanks for the replies- I picked them up at a local swapmeet for nearly a $1 each, obviously not scared of the amount invested but hard to research these. Gor a 99 cent bid on one of the two lots- time to start popping bottles and heading to Vegas (joke)

Thanks for the replies- I picked them up at a local swapmeet for nearly a $1 each, obviously not scared of the amount invested but hard to research these. Gor a 99 cent bid on one of the two lots- time to start popping bottles and heading to Vegas (joke)

lol