• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One of kind Batman #368

19 posts in this topic

I just found it Sunday digging thru a collection. I'm guessing a massive printing error. I haven't been able to find any info on it. I'm guessing it should have been destroyed,but somehow made it's way out. Going to say 1 of a kind on this one.

Looks like only the black ink ran. One possibility: the boxes are still on the front covers of direct editions so the printer can print the entire run of direct and newsstand editions with common cyan, magenta, and yellow plates. The black plate is the only difference between the two editions (which is why you'll see on some comics, New Mutants 98 for example, that the black in the box looks weaker than in the art; it's because the black is backed by a CMY kicker in the art). I'm guessing what happened here is the black runs on a different schedule from the CM&Y, and they overran the print run on the direct black plate, basically printing the black on blank paper, and QC never caught it. An interesting find.

On 6/6/2015 at 7:25 PM, pjammer said:

Now i gotta figure out a value on something like this

Sorry to comment on such an old topic but did you by chance sell this already? You might have been the person i messaged on facebook about this considering this post was made a year prior to that facebook post. if for some miracle you still have these books i would really love to buy one from you. again hate to bother..especially if you're the guy i already to asked on facebook..i'm just trying to track these down haha