• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First in the Guide! Post Your A-1 Comics...

25 posts in this topic

A-1 Comics from Magazine Enterprises was a showcase series that had an outstanding range of titles, from science fiction to romance to adventure. They also featured a variety of great artists like Bob Powell, Richard Ayers, Al Williamson, and Frank Frazetta.

Yet their numbering can drive collectors crazy. Each title within the A-1 line had its own numbers, yet they are also numbered as part of the overall A-1 series. It is similar in some ways to the numbering confusion of Four Color Comics.

Here are some random issues I came across recently...Each one is labeled with its own number and title and its number in the A-1 series.

Let's see your other A-1 comics!

155721.jpg.061e82d1638f1dfc8f8fc0276e98283d.jpg

155722.jpg.14e04eaa4b1b9098b5d13c7ce3e2672f.jpg

:applause: I love the A-1 Series. At one point, I considered going for the entire run à la Four Color. Only makes sense given my interests but I backed away from that ledge. Still, quite a few issues are scattered in my collection. Let's see what I have in my Bucket -

A-1 # 97 -

BestoftheWest11_zps7fa44180.jpg

:applause: I love the A-1 Series. At one point, I considered going for the entire run à la Four Color. Only makes sense given my interests but I backed away from that ledge. Still, quite a few issues are scattered in my collection. Let's see what I have in my Bucket -

A-1 # 97 -

BestoftheWest11_zps7fa44180.jpg

Can't wait to see what you got! (thumbs u

Hap, love that Ingels Trail Colt, quite the line-up inside. But that Guns book, geez louise! If I knew you owned that I would have kissed your azz big time at that geek fest. We had a saying in the garment industry back in NY in the old days, when a salesman would fail to accurately assess the worth of a new prospect: "You ! You thought he was a little pishcer, but instead he's a big macher!"