• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here we go again

39 posts in this topic

He's not "Hulk" anymore. Call him "Caitlyn."

Or Cait to his/her buddies

Robert Bruce David Caitlyn Banner.

Yup. Has a nice ring to it.

Last year, I said this summer's crossover was going to result in Marvel doing a reboot. Regardless of how they spin it, Marvel is rebooting their universe. And borrowing heavily from DC in the process. Merge disparate universes. Check. New diverse line of heroes. Check. Jump ahead 8 months. Check. No doubt Marvel will see a "New 52" boost in sales. How could they not when they borrowed so heavily from DC's playbook.

By the way, Wolverine is female. Not entirely sure what they can do different for the Hulk unless they turn another major hero into the Hulk or keep the Future Imperfect Hulk around.

Last year, I said this summer's crossover was going to result in Marvel doing a reboot. Regardless of how they spin it, Marvel is rebooting their universe. And borrowing heavily from DC in the process. Merge disparate universes. Check. New diverse line of heroes. Check. Jump ahead 8 months. Check. No doubt Marvel will see a "New 52" boost in sales. How could they not when they borrowed so heavily from DC's playbook.

Was there a distinct "New 52" boost or just a "first issue" boost?

Marvel already has title relaunching down pat. Which makes their current cover numbering format absolutely hilarious. Leading zeros? Three digits? :roflmao: Who do they think they are kidding?

By the way, Wolverine is female. Not entirely sure what they can do different for the Hulk unless they turn another major hero into the Hulk or keep the Future Imperfect Hulk around.

She-Hulk! Oh, wait...

Remember the days when all it took to sell a book was have a talented writer/artist?

I remeber that. The good old days.

And after reading the relaunch announcement.......I am SOOOO glad I stopped buying new comics years ago. :cloud9:

And now I am thinking......will Avengers #80 explode? :popcorn:

Does only Movie news make back issues explode? (shrug)

When I saw the guy with about 8 copies of FF 45 in the sales threads tonight, I was thinking that supply and demand was all dealer driven. Flippers selling to flippers. Don't be the last one holding the bag of mess.

I'll wait a couple years and buy one at a decent price.

Early predictions on whether we will have a gay Wolverine and a transgender Hulk?

That does seem to be the trend these days.

That sounds more like DC's bag then MARVEL's.

Transgendered hulk would be so depressing. How would he/she transition? Their Hulk-iness would pop up every time they're sedated, or fight off the hormones, or any number of other things! Could you imagine trying to give Hulk a boob job or the rest of the transition??

And what happens if Hulk is trans but Bruce isn't?

Or even worse, if Bruce is but Hulk isn't? Would Hulk then become the bad guy in his own book because he's repressing Bruce's choices?

I can see it now... "HULK NOT TRANS! HULK CIS-GENDERED!" *after Millar

hulkstraight.jpg

Kindly excuse that... I didn't sleep very well last night. And I'm sad that I knew what the word CIS meant 4 years ago & now it's something I can't escape hearing about even on a comic forum these days.